Deviled Eggs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihorse

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I saw this and thought about Deviled Eggs.

When I make them I like to take the yokes out of hard boiled eggs.

In the yokes I moisten with Miracle Whip, add sweet pickle relish, a small squirt of yellow mustard, and finely chopped onions. Mix that all up good and fill the 1/2 whites. So good.

How do you prepare Deviled Eggs?

That sounds really good Angie, I had to google what Miracle whip was. I dont think we can get that here , so Ill substitute with Mayo.

Sounds good......I use a mix of sweet pickle relish, mayo, and both honey mustard and regular mustard, to taste. Let's just say it they get gobbled up really quickly. LOL.

Sounds good......I use a mix of sweet pickle relish, mayo, and both honey mustard and regular mustard, to taste. Let's just say it they get gobbled up really quickly. LOL.

I never thought of honey mustard and regular mustard. Occasionally instead of miracle whip or mayo - try some ranch dressing. That's good too.

That sounds really good Angie, I had to google what Miracle whip was. I dont think we can get that here , so Ill substitute with Mayo.

Well you could always try a pinch of Vegemite in it. :)

Hahaha. Have you tried Vegemite before ?. It just made a list in Sweden ( I think it was) for the worst foods.

Its one of those foods , you love or hate it.

@Ryan Johnson I only know of Vegemite due to Aussie exchange students a friend hosted. I've tasted that severely salted axle grease stuff. Yuck.

All these deviled eggs sound good. I like putting ranch dressing in mine in place of mayo.

And have you ever heard of or tried avocado deviled eggs?
Also, anyone hear of some groups not calling these deviled eggs, but spiced eggs due to their faith beliefs?

Old Bay... gota put old bay on them.

I’ve never heard of putting Old Bay on deviled eggs. What is your egg yolk additions for the stuffing portion of the eggs that goes under the Old Bay?

Just the normal... I have about 60 chickens. After awhile you try anything. Plus I'm from Baltimore MD.
Haven't talked to brother in Maine in years and years. Just found out he puts OB on everything. I'm not that bad. Must be a Baltimore thing.
Try it on eggs. mashed potatoes, plain white rice with butter and EVOO and OB, etc.
_________
Miracle Whip - yum :p
Vegemite - ugg :eek: shouldn't even be given to enemies in prison.

there are days we have a few doz deviled eggs out on the counter all day.
after a while we all put different stuff on them. wife put sweet gherkin slices on. I've tried little pieces of ham, bacon, pepperoni, what ever is in fridge.

Latest posts

Back