Devastated- We lost mom & foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Words can't express how sorry I am for your family! I can't imagine. My thoughts and prayers are with all of you during this difficult time. Big hugs!!!

I too will add my prayers for a safe and happy event for Gracie. It's difficult for us adults to deal with these losses, but so much moreso for the young owners.

Wishing your family the very best.

Charlotte

Such a horrible, horrible story and awful thing for anyone at all to experience. For a younger girl, even worse. I am so sorry your family had to endure this, and so sorry for the loss of that wonderful mare.

I am so sorry for yours and your daughters loss, how heartbreaking for a little girl.

It has been a rough year so far for all of us, many lost foals and some lost mares too. I know how you all feel, as I lost my mare and foal a week ago. It was obvious that the foal had died earlier, as it was still way back in the womb. When the foal is not presenting, it is usually already dead.

I hope that your other mare foals out safely and gives you a beautiful foal to bring a smile to your daughter.

Wish I could say something magical to help the hurt.
default_sad.png
Larry and I know the pain, but you have the added pain of trying to help your daughter get through it. My heart goes out to you all.......

I am so sorry for you and your daughters loss. Just devastating! Sending prayers for an easy foaling and healthy mare and foal on your next one.

Kay

Sending prayers that this foaling is text book with a healthy mare and foal

and pray that your daughter get the foal of her dreams to help heal the wounds.

As so many have said its hard for us adults I would not want to have to handle this as a kid. (((Hugs))) again to you all

My heart is breaking for your daughter, yourself and your family. I can't begin to imagine. You daughter sounds like quite the little horsewoman that she was there with her mare and she has now started looking toward the second foal, she is mature beyond her years. I give her all the respect in the world. I pray for a safe delivery for the second foal. Please keep us posted.

Thank you all for the recent posts of sympathy and encouragement. We too are praying for a safe delivery for mom and a healthy baby. To say that we are not worried would be a lie. We now have momma-to-be and her BFF (another mini mare- who we are currently breeding) in our horse sized foaling stall under a camera now. I am watching her like a hawk and trying not to show my worry to my daughter, I am trying to stay real positive around her. I know I am not the only one who has lost a mare & foal, and I would not wish it on my worst enemy. The mommas are so special- such lovely matrons. I just want to wrap this mini momma in my arms and keep her safe. Gracie is a mature responsible little girl who in spite of such a heartbreak is moving on and with cautious excitement is looking forward to this next foal coming.

After reading all the posts about mini mares foaling this year with smalls bags, it got me worried. I was going to try and post a picture of her to see your guys thoughts about her tummy shape (the V deal) but can not figure out how to attach a photo, it show like I have to post a link or web address? Any suggestions? Momma bagged up to the point she is at rather quickly (a couple days), but not really anymore since. Her vulva looks a bit more relaxed than the mini mare that we are breeding right now, however inside is still pale pink. She is doing the typical late term mare deal- rubbing and sitting against walls or tree trunks, tail swishing, grazing at her hay all day rather than cleaning it up in an hour, the stuff that big horses do, except in mini version (which I find fascinating and very entertaining). The joy and exhaustion of being on foal patrol. I just was on it last month for my big horse that went 2 weeks late. Any suggestions about how to post pictures to this forum would be appreciated. I have a Mac if that makes a difference.

Adding my prayers for a safe foaling and a happy, healthy Momma and baby.

To post pics here most folk open a Photobucket a/c, upload the pics from your computer to the account, then place your mouse over the picture you want to post - a 'list' will drop down below the picture, click on the bottom box and then click anywhere on the post you have opened on LB. Your pic should 'transfer' to the LB post. (someone else may be able to describe this better than I have done!)

Again wishing you good luck.
default_yes.gif

Anna

Latest posts

Back