Devastated- We lost mom & foal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How heartbreaking for you all. Praying for a safe delivery of the 2nd foal.

I'm terriby sorry that you lost both mare and foal.

My heart goes out to your daughter and I pray that her other mare foals a HEALTHY baby....

I am so very sorry for your loss and I wish I could give your daughter a big hug. I know first hand what this feels like. ((( )))

I'm so sorry for you and your family. It's a horrible thing for one to experience; I can't imagine a child going through it although I certainly understand and applaud her wanting to do this. I think that children who grow up on farms or living farm life learn many lessons very early on that give them a wiseness beyond their years. I hope your daughter understands she is not alone and now her mare and foal are at peace.

OMG, that is terrible.
default_no.gif
I am so very sorry for your family's great loss. (((HUGS))) to all.

My heart & prayers go with you & your daughter. I hope & pray that your other mare has a beautiful, healthy, baby.
default_pray.gif

I am SO SORRY for you guys and hugs to you ALL- that is the most horrible thing to go through and to experience it first and foremost sure doesnt help- not that it would EVER be easy to go through. I actually went through this myself with a full sized mare many many years ago. She also was my favorite mare and had been a wedding present to me. I think I sobbed for days. It is something you never forget.

Then years later when I got into Minis, my first couple of years about made me just quit all together, but I stuck with it and am glad I did.

I know what you are going through, and can't imagine your daughter's frame of mind- bless her heart. She is a brave girl who will make a wonderful horse woman!

I am so very sorry for your loss. i understand your daughter's grief all too well as I lost a pony (and watched her suffer) at age 11.
default_no.gif
I hope the other mare foals without event. {{{hugs}}}

How horrible for your family to have this happen. Your daughter is in my prayers and please tell her I wish for an uneventful delivery of the other foal.

My heart aches for you and your daughter. I'm SO very sorry!!
default_crybaby.gif

What a horrible, devastating loss! {{{{Hugs}}}

My heart goes out to you and yours. So very sorry. It is ok to grieve over our beloved animals. Praying a brighter tomorrow for you.

Thank you all so much for your support and kind words of encouragement. As an adult with 35 years of horse ownership and experience, I have had my share of heartbreaks, but to experience this horrific tragedy and it be your young child's horse made it all that much worse. She went out to feed her two remaining mini mares tonight and shed an awful lot of tears. We both did. We talked about the sweet nature lil' Lady had and how she never complained and was always so easy to deal with. How she loved to have her eyes cleaned and ears scratched. She was such a polite little mare with the sweetest face. My daughter came in and wrote a song afterwards, maybe if she will let me, I can share it with you all later.

Yes, I agree with the posts that talked about "ranch life" and how it helps grow kids right. I was not raised on a ranch but I had a pony from the time I was 5 and several dogs and cats. I cry over every animal I lose, even though I am the first one to step in during an emergency and keep a level head. I have worked with and for vets both large and small animal, but losing your beloved pet is so dang difficult.

I'm so sorry this happened. I also lost my favorite mare and her foal last year to a dystocia, it's absolutely heart-breaking. I hope your daughter can find peace with what happened and move forward and I pray your other mare has a safe easy foaling.

I am so sorry that something so terrible has happened and your daughter being so young to see these things. I have an 11 year old son and they try to be grown up but on the inside they are still our babies.These disasters are hard enough for us adults. I am praying for a safe and normal birth of the other mini. Please give your daughter a big hug from me.

Renee

Latest posts

Back