Deleting post to make a new one, sorry

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will make a new post, sorry!

So, I was outside slinging some poo, where I do some of my best thinking. I realized that many of the criteria I have for a "reputable" breeder go out the window when it comes to these little mixed breed dogs that are increasingly popular. My sister-in-law was specifically looking at a shih-poo. I know there is a lot of controversy over these little mixes, but I like many of them. However, lots of them (in fact most of them, in my opinion), are coming from folks that I would not consider buying a purebred dog from - either millers or people that I PERSONALLY consider to be backyard breeders, and not in a good way (since there seems to be quite a bit of controversy on this forum about what that means - in this scenario I'm referring to someone who says "hmm I have cute dog A & cute dog B who I really know nothing about the breed standard of either, but I'm going to breed them to make lots of money and not have either vet checked or do any suggested genetic testing on either. . .(you get the picture I hope).

So maybe this should be a different post altogether, but how do I help her to find a good "small mix dog" breeder. Are they out there?? I know some people on this forum breed these mixes - what do you do to stand out as a reputable breeder?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back