Decisions.....Decisions......HELP -- what color cart?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LGahr

Reaction score
Hello again....

Am almost ready to rock and roll--planning to pick up a new cart next Friday BUT I can't decide if I want Black or Burgundy/Red. I really cannot decide. Any reasons or opinions out there to share? Dusty is a primal bay but real flashy mover--do you think color of the cart makes much difference? Thanks!

Are you talking seat color or the whole cart being red? Will you be showing in this cart, and if so at breed shows or local saddleclub type shows? Is this an EE cart? Give us more details!
default_yes.gif
:

Leia

The black would look great no matter what, and would look great with any future horses you may own. I would also think the resale value would be slightly higher.

Red/burgundy can look really great or really horrible against a bay, depending upon the individual coloring. My blood bay has so much burgundy and red in his coat that he clashes with a lot of those tones.

And don't go by photos on the web -- the limited web palette means that swatches of a flat color bear little resemblance to reality.

JM(NS)HO.

Last edited by a moderator:
black is pretty safe, especially if you get a horse of another color down the road :) I don't think bays look very good with burgundy, either.

Andrea

Yes....just an inexpensive easy entry not expecting to do any serious showing this year--just maybe a fun show for experience. Just a sturdy inexpensive cart to drive around the fields and have fun in. I guess you are right black is the most practical...but then again when have I ever been practical. What do I think I am doing learning to drive at my age..... RESALE VALUE? Another comment to make me smile.....we keep everything forever. Horses, carts, ponies...even gold fish.....I have underwear older than most of you kids out there...... So, OK....black it is....thanks for your help!!! Will post a picture in a week or two

if I survive!!

Yes....just an inexpensive easy entry not expecting to do any serious showing this year--just maybe a fun show for experience. Just a sturdy inexpensive cart to drive around the fields and have fun in. I guess you are right black is the most practical...but then again when have I ever been practical. What do I think I am doing learning to drive at my age..... RESALE VALUE? Another comment to make me smile.....we keep everything forever. Horses, carts, ponies...even gold fish.....I have underwear older than most of you kids out there...... So, OK....black it is....thanks for your help!!! Will post a picture in a week or two

if I survive!!
OOPS...sorry...did it again....reading at my daughter's house and posted under her name again. Geez,

this forum is such a family affair for us.....

I have to laughh, as despite my advice, I never take the safe route...but on the other hand, as a graphic designer, the thought of having my cart clash with my horse would bug me no end.

Also, while my wild side typically wins, it is always at war with my very opinionated business side...

However...if this is just for fun and you like the combination...go for it and have a blast!!

The main reason I would go with black is if you decide to do a parade or something, you might want to decorate and a colored cart might clash with your color scheme. I had a burgundy one and had it painted black because it clashed with my Christmas decorations :bgrin

Latest posts

Back