December photos/Equine Affaire: On Target Miniature 2012 foals

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nawww Snappy is soo lovely!! she just melts my heart!

poor baby Clyde LOL give him a snuggle for me I bet he will make a BRILLIANT driving gelding! :D

New photos of all 3 foals, some more recent than others. Bunny's were taken today and I can't believe how leggy she is!

Wish I had done a better job clipping ....she is about 26.5".

Bunny_7_4_3.jpg

Clyde, who is already taller than his 2 year old brother (28").:

Clyde_7_2.jpg

Some friends (& respected breeders) were down to see them last week and loved all 3 but were only somewhat impressed with Clyde until they saw him trot. Then they really liked him.

Snappy showing how well she stood to be clipped: She is just a little doll and our friends think she will mature 28" or under.

2012-06-20-clipping-snappy-4.jpg

They are all looking absolutely fabulous!!
default_thumbup.gif
:ThumbUp
default_thumbup.gif

And just look at that sweet Snappy being such a good girl.
default_yes.gif

Thank you for the new pictures Mary - we really appreciate it when we can watch our precious babies as they grow up!

They are lovely! Snappy reminds me of the girl in my avatar, very small, very pretty and must be hugged!!
default_wub.png

Your babies are just stunning but I do have a soft spot for Clyde. Really wish I could nab him lol

Wow! They all look so good! Love Clyde's action shot!

You know, you "guys" really shouldn't encourage me because we take photos of our minis ALL THE TIME. But I couldn't resist adding this photo of Bunny, which I just submitted as one of her registration head shots for AMHA. She was in the process of getting up, which is why she looks so alert.

Those who like Clyde- he has about the strongest personality I have ever seen in a horse, the most amazing movement, and we just adore him. My husband will be showing him next year and I will be showing Bunny.

Bunny_head_July.jpg

oh my, thanks for the new pic of Bunny, she is just the sweetest little thing!! I really wish she wasn't greying out (but thats just me I loved her baby colour lol) have you thought of registration names for all three yet?

so exciting to hear that you and hubby will both have babies to show next year
default_smile.png
what are you thinking of doing with Snappy? she is just so cute and sweet!

Just sent in the registrations to AMHA (all 3), AMHR (all 3) and PtHA (Clyde & Bunny). We have prefixes registered with AMHA & AMHR but names are still pending: Sire of all 3 is SRF Buckshot, so we used "shot" in all the names. Clyde (Dam is Alamos Sirs Toffee Snow): OTM Sure Shot (my husband got to pick that one);Bunny (dam is Jones Call Me Blue Admiration): OTM Calling the Shots, and Snappy (dam is Vermilyea Farms Exotic Exposure): OTM Snapshot.

Snappy is a little doll and if we have to keep her, she will make an extraordinary 4-H and therapy mini, with nursing home visits in her future. One of our 4-Hers seems quite interested in her, so we will see. The dad met her last week, and HE fell in love with her too, so we are keeping fingers crossed. Actually, any foals that stay here will be used for 4-H projects next year and the kids are leading them now. All 3 are coming along well with halter breaking, and we can even catch them in the pasture, put halters on, lead them or set them up, and then let them go. And all 3 LOVE to run through the patch of woods in the pasture, jumping over logs on their well-worn "loop" that I can see from my computer.

oh how fantastic! lovely name choices
default_smile.png
I'm sure you are going to have great fun with all of them!

I'm so glad Snappy could be going to a lovely new home
default_smile.png
she is such a special girl
default_smile.png

good luck with showing Clyde and Bunny next year!

What a beautiful picture - but then Bunny is such a beautiful little girl. She and Clyde will take the show scene by storm next year I'm sure!

I'm so glad that you also have plans for little Snappy even if the little girl doesn't buy her, Snappy was always my favourite of the three coz she's just soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute!!

Love your suggestions for their names too
default_yes.gif

Will a video do? Took this today when I was trying to let Clyde out with the others and he didn't want to cooperate. So ran & got the camera instead. A dressage-riding friend came later and wants to put a saddle on him and ride him. Just joking, but she loves his uphill carriage and that suspension!! He should not be hard to get on the bit!

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/targetsmom/?action=view&current=P1060049.mp4

Oh brilliant!! He has such self carriage - perfect for dressage!! He is just stunning Mary.
default_firstprize.gif

The foals aren't really changing much these days and weaning is still a couple of weeks away but I have some exciting photos of Toffee (our un-trusting mare) and also a favor to ask, foal related. First the photos from today of a 4-Her leading Toffee over a trail course. I sent these photos to the person we bought Toffee from and she was not only shocked, she said they made her day! I admit I was pretty surprised myself but I have been working on gaining her trust. I still can't handle her ears, but look how relaxed she looks here with the 4-Her!

P1060348.jpg

And foals waiting their turn...

P1060343.jpg

Now for the favor: I entered a photo of Toffee and Clyde in a photo contest run by Dressage Today, with Purina grain as the first prize, based on votes. Contest started today and you can vote on this link up to 5 times a day. I leave it running in the background and just keep voting! If we win, the grain will be split between our 4-H project minis and a non-profit farm in the next town that cares for retired therapy horses (Angel Horse). Any and all votes appreciated; Clyde's photo is near the bottom of this page:

http://olympics.equisearch.com/favorite?sort=recent&page=3&type=stretching

Thank you!! It is also posted on the photo forum.

wow great pics and video Mary, thanks for sharing. They are looking so grown up
default_sad.png

I have voted and will as often as I can
default_yes.gif

Oh Toffee looks so very relaxed, bless her - well done to you! And the babies look really ready to have their turn at the new fun game.
default_yes.gif

I've been voting too - good luck Clyde!!

Back