Debris

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
We've been living here almost 20 years. Before us, my dad owned the property and built the corral for cattle. We are the third owner of the property. There was an old granary by the corral when we moved here (which we burned). I'm thinking the first owner used the spot to toss junk. So, all through the years we keep finding stuff in the corral. I've found pieces of chain, pliers, uncounted nails, glass. We've swept it with a magnet numerous times. Idebris.jpg bet we've removed ten pounds of debris. Every time the wind blows strongly or we get a hard rain, more stuff appears. It's crazy. This afternoon I picked up this accumulation. When will it end?

That sounds like our place! We have only been living here about 8 years. When we cleared out the berrires a few weeks ago we found tons of nails pieces of wood and old rusted tractor parts.
We are always finding things buried in the back pasture. Old really worn horse shoes and I can't even count the number of broken pieces of newer sunglasses!!!!??? I always wonder about the story they could tell.

We've been on our place for over 30 years now, still find remnants of old burn piles, old trash piles, and down in the woods is the junk pile. Old washer, refrigerator, even a metal shed, barrels, fencing, lawn furniture, glass jars, mattress springs. We finally were able to afford a bigger tractor with a backhoe, so now we're waiting for enough time (retirement). LOL

Dragon Hill at least they dumped on their own property I guess?!!!

People from town drive out on our country roads and toss their old couches and matresses.

I have a friend that sorted through a big pile of trash dumped in front of their land and found the people's address in discarded mail. He scooped it all up and dumped it on their driveway! It was a lot of work but he said it made him feel better.🤷🏼‍♀️

My paddock is the same! I'm the 4th generation to live in this house and back in the day, trash used to be burned once a week and what was left, was . . . left. I've found many pretty pieces of broken china, marbles, lot's of old hand made rusted nails, a couple of pennys, and my biggest treasure was a tiny porcelain dog that was given out with boxes of tea (I think Tetley gave them out as a promotion, all kinds of little animals, my great grandma collected them.) Lots of lumps of coal too. And a railroad spike. The rain makes my junk garden grow, too!

Dragon Hill at least they dumped on their own property I guess?!!!

People from town drive out on our country roads and toss their old couches and matresses.

I have a friend that sorted through a big pile of trash dumped in front of their land and found the people's address in discarded mail. He scooped it all up and dumped it on their driveway! It was a lot of work but he said it made him feel better.🤷🏼‍♀️
There is a stiff fine for littering in our state. I would have taken it to the sheriff office and filed a charge. That being said, I have had bags of trash on my road also and threatened to do that, but didn't follow through!

My paddock is the same! I'm the 4th generation to live in this house and back in the day, trash used to be burned once a week and what was left, was . . . left. I've found many pretty pieces of broken china, marbles, lot's of old hand made rusted nails, a couple of pennys, and my biggest treasure was a tiny porcelain dog that was given out with boxes of tea (I think Tetley gave them out as a promotion, all kinds of little animals, my great grandma collected them.) Lots of lumps of coal too. And a railroad spike. The rain makes my junk garden grow, too!
Gosh, I would enjoy a junk garden like that. My junk garden is nothing but weeds...

Latest posts

Back