Death in family right before Christmas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so sorry for your loss. Prayers to give you strength to get through this tough time. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Marie, I am so very sorry. I sure don't have any words of wisdom, but I can tell you that whether or not it happened during Christmas time, something about the holiday and families, always seem to make it that much harder to cope and get through. All I can say is that the devastation you feel just shows how much family love means to some of us.

I am so very sorry Marie. <Hugs> to you and the rest of your family,,, you will all be in my prayers..

{{{{Marie}}}} I'm so sorry you lost your brother. My heart aches for you on all your losses. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Unfortunately Christmas will never be quite the same. I speak from experience, as my nephew committed suicide and was buried on Christmas Eve and a few years later my brother died on New Years Eve. Sad things happen on otherwise joyous occasions.
Yes, they do. My grandmother died four days before Thanksgiving 1986 of lung cancer... her oldest son (my uncle) committed suicide eight days after my Grammy died, just before the holidays... and my grandfather died on Easter Sunday 1989. My stepgrandfather died Christmas morning in 1977. The holidays have lots of bad memories for me so we are trying to make some good ones from the holidays we have now. The deaths were traumatic for me - we always had a big Christmas Eve meal with my uncle and his family and my grandfather always drove us home but he took the long way so we could enjoy looking at the Christmas lights on the houses on the way home. My aunt, who passed, made thousands of Christmas cookies of every size, flavor and color - she would start in September as she gave them out as gifts.

The holidays evolved for us - this year, we have my oldest son's best friend living with us (he is my "adopted" son and I am so grateful to have him around as he gets his wings ready to fly - his family are Jehovah's Witnesses who do not celebrate the holidays but he has chosen not to follow that faith so he will have his third Christmas with us this year. At age 19, he had his picture taken with the Easter Bunny for the very first time last Easter).

Family friends will be over for a meal - they were short on money this year and had no power for some time while they got money to pay the bill - and others were welcomed to join us.

And, having my animals around is great - they have so much comfort to give.

May your holidays evolve into good memories of those you have lost and create new memories of happiness for you.

Denise

Silversong Farm

I am so sorry for your loss
default_sad.png
{{{hugs}}} I will be praying for you.
default_pray.gif

At least you know you have many guardian angels
default_hypocrite.gif
default_wub.png

I'm so sorry for all of your losses.
default_no.gif
It's so hard when it comes close to a holiday. Hopefully in the coming years you can use the holiday as a reminder to celebrate his life.

I am so sorry for your losses Marie. I had a year like that in 05. I really do not even know how I made it through that year but I learned that:

"What doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger"

"And this too, shall pass"

These are the two things that I live by now-a-days. Hugs to you. I hope you have a better year in 09. I hope you can find some comfort in family and friends this holiday season.

I am so sorry for your losses Marie. I had a year like that in 05. I really do not even know how I made it through that year but I learned that:

"What doesn't kill you, just makes you stronger"

"And this too, shall pass"

These are the two things that I live by now-a-days. Hugs to you. I hope you have a better year in 09. I hope you can find some comfort in family and friends this holiday season.

I am SO sorry, i completely understand what you are going through and i know how hard it is, i am so so very sorry :9

~hugs~

I am so very sorry for your loss. Christmas is especially painful when you have lost a loved one.

God bless you with His peace.

Robin

i'm so sorry for your losses. i wish you peace this holiday and i hope that soon, you will be able to smile at happier memories.
default_wub.png

I know there are few words of comfort that can ease this pain. There are no answers to the questions in life. Yet, as I sit here

on Christmas eve and read this thread I can feel the love of all the people here reaching out to you....wanting to hold you close

and let you know you are loved and just wishing they could help you through this difficult time. I am very touched by this thread

and like everyone here I am sending you my warmest and most loving thoughts wishing I, too, can somehow ease

the pain of this time. Peace and love.

L.

It is Christmas morning. I will spend today taking care of animals and cooking the First Christmas dinner I have cooked in years. Tired of the snow and trying real hard to put a smile on my face and trudge on. Erin from Moore Acres spent last night with us here. She has no power and no water at home. Her horses water is almost gone so I am sending her home with a case of bottled water and larger containers of water to give to her horses. They really have no heat and no way to cook a wonderful Christmas dinner. She is more than welcome to stay here but feels it is more important to get home to her horses and care for them and her beloved Keleigh. To me this is what Christmas is all about family and friends and helping one another.

I am so sorry for your loss. I also know what you are going thru, as I lost my only brother this past April. I also lost a 11 yr old nephew on Christmas day, who was the same age as our son. It was hard but we managed to get thru it for the sake of our kids, but it is especially hard at a holiday when it happens. Be strong and know you are surrounded by alot of family and friends who are there for you. (((hugs)))

I am so sorry. I really do feel your pain, please know we are all here for you. I am sending ((((hugs)))) your way and prayers for "09" to be a wonderful year. Keep your chin up, I know its tough but that's what they would want, for us to keep going.

Latest posts

Back