Day at the Lake

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sun Runner Stables

Reaction score
Many of you know I have a 'kid barn' and we are doing sumer camp. One of the Big treats we so is go out to the the Huge (re 22,000 acre) park, and swim the horses. We brought a Whole Passle of kids, and had a Great time, Lots of pic's- Enjoy!

Here's all of us, minus Me the picture taker, about to head out

IMG_1422.jpg

Here is the horse I keep prattling on and on about being the best horse in the world, Sassy with her 7 year old rider Kara. I let her hang her reins for a sec for this shot, she then had to pick them back up. Safty First!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

IMG_1423.jpg

Here's a pic of Most of them in the water, we all took turns watching horses and playing in the water, so it really depended who was doing what in these shots.

IMG_1443.jpg

One of the funniest things that happened. I have an Awesome 13.1 hand welsh cross mare Named Bubbles, she's my main riding horse out in the woods as she's a bit bratty, but Very brave, I asked one of my older girls to take her in the water for me, haveing No idea what she would do. About 2 sec into the water, Down she goes, then another min later, Down Again! I managed to get two great shots of her being silly. In a later trip I simply let her free roam with a halter on, and she took HerSelf into the water to have a good roll! Such a silly pony!!

IMG_1450.jpg

IMG_1453.jpg

And of course you cannot have water with out water races! Here's a few shots of Cora, on the bay mare Punky, my Quarab, and then cora racing another camper, Sam on Goldie, the buckskin, who is owned by yet Another child, Alexa, the sister to Kara who rides sassy. Confused yet? lol

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

Hope you enjoyed them!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I suddenly feel like my childhood was lacking! :lol: That looks like more fun than any one child should have a right to have. :aktion033:

Leia

That looks like SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much fun!!!!!!!!! I love all the pictures, but especially the second one of Kara on Sassy!!! That is precious (Equusite????).

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how I wish I had known you when my daughter was that age and horse crazy! What wonderful memories you are creating for these girls! I applaud you big time for helmets at all times! What a wonderful happy day!

Great pictures!! I did horse camps as a kid but we didn't get to go swimming! My almost 7year old daughter is looking at these with me and she want's to know if she can come! lol. We are in northern Canada so no go but what fun! thanks for sharing!!! Where do you find such wonderful horses? We are looking for one for our daughter as her horse died in november.

Oh does that bring back memories for me. I spent my young childhood working hard at the local pony farm in exchange for riding ponies. Our very favorite activity was going to the remote "meadow" to gather fresh ponies and take the ones on the farm for R & R. We'd bridle up the ones on the rent farm, hop on bareback and ride through the woods a few miles to the meadow. I can smell the pine right now, and hear the soft hoofbeats padding down the pine needle-padded path. We would emerge at the meadow, and turn those ponies loose. They would suddenly turn from docile little creatures into "wild stallions," charging off with their tails twisted high above their backs. Then we would have to catch the ones we were bringing back up to the farm. Not such an easy task, as they knew where they were going and they were wily beasts indeed! I sure do treasure those memories of summers past. Thanks for bringing it back to me; I think I will soon do a bareback ride just for fun! I am building such a library of memories of time spent with my horses. I just can't imagine what it would be like to not have them! What do other people do and remember??? LOL!

LoL No you All have it All wrong. I do this so I can play- and I am the lucky one to have these kids! Of course the adults can play too! Heck this is all just an elaborate cover up so I can play with my ponies in the water and have no one laugh and point!
default_rolleyes.gif
: Cora is my younger self reborn ahead of time to irritate me... and I love her with all my heart. That mare she's sitting on we bought freshly green broke last summer as a 3 year old. She's now a show winning 4 year old who's trail proof, and eventually will be part of my welsh cross breeding program.

Amanda you are Always welcome, and anyone else is too! I start a red hat club come winter time for all the adults who want to hide out with me!
default_wink.png
:

I am a helmet freak, and tried to convince them to wear shoes, but was out voted, and as the parents all gave premisson.. .what could I really say??

:aktion033: :aktion033: Wow that looks like so much fun and it sure brought back memories of my summers in England when I was a child and helped out at the local stables in return for getting to ride the ponies. They gave pony rides on the beach and we got to ride them to the beach and back and also ride them on the beach with leading a pony on either side with a kid on for the rides, I am sitting here smiling at the memories. Thanks for sharing the great pictures, I felt like I was there and could hear the laughter of those kids :bgrin

Yvonne

[SIZE=12pt]OMG that just took me back about 36 years :new_shocked: Thank you SO much for sharing your awesome day!. Sure wish I had pictures from our pond swimming days :bgrin [/SIZE]

Thanks
default_wub.png
:

Joy

Latest posts

Back