Daughter's mini horse is difficult to work with

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How are things going with your daughter and mare?
Thank you so much for asking! Unfortunately, her former owner is picking her up this evening and she will go back to the farm where she spent the last 10 years. She bit my daughter again, this time on her face, close to her eye, and we just can't do it anymore. I feel like she thinks that it is okay to bite now since there have been several instances and I just don't want to risk that anymore. My daughter really tried and we watched videos from all the suggested trainers and had success with targeting, but treats make her aggressive and scratches, hugs and praise don't turn her on. We are sad, but know that she will be happy and receiving the care that she is used to, and be around the people that she has grown up with. We are going to regroup and see where this takes us. We would like another mini, but definitely younger and snugglier.

Sorry she did not work our for you, but it sounds like you did the right thing. I'm sure the right one will be out there for you, it may just take a little time to find the right one.

Latest posts

Back