Darke County Fair Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaykay

Reaction score
I forgot my camera so just have a few pictures a friend sent. We only took Promise and Kyle showed her in all her classes so I had a ton of fun just watching. The heat was pretty bad but we still had a great time. It was so fun seeing the weanlings show. Both Getitia and Arlene Foulk brought some really nice babies out!! Also got to visit with Ernie Lamblin in the barn for awhile and hes doing so great. Although I didnt think he should be out in the heat because I worry about him, it was wonderful seeing him looking and feeling so good. And I got to finally meet Cindy from the forum (shady lane)

Kyle and Promise in open yearling class. They got 2nd under one judge and 3rd under the other. 2nd in youth halter and 1st in color although they were the only entry which suprised me. The judge really complimented Kyle on Promise's turnout so Kyle was thrilled.

kylepromisedarke-445x297.jpg

Ryan with all the ribbons. Ryan is so funny and so much help at the shows. Dont know what we would do without him. We are trying to talk him into showing a horse. I think hes almost ready.

ryanribbons-270x367.jpg

And we told the boys it doesnt get more redneck then this. This is Kyle and Ryan getting ready to swim at the hotel LOL

kyleryan-329x443.jpg

LOL I love those pictures! I am so glad you all had fun.

Oh wow congrats to Kyle and Promise, she does look great! Sounds like fun.

Looks like you guys had a great time there Kay, perhaps next year we will join you all there for some fun. Looks like it was steamy there also with the temps.
default_saludando.gif
Nice Pictures ~

pam it was steaming hot!! but at least it wasnt raining LOL. It was nice to see all the draft horses showing. Wish I had taken my camera and got pictures of them. They were showing in the big ring while we showed in the small one. For sure you cant beat the price of that show. One of the least exspensive I have done for sure. Fair traffic though was not fun. If you go next year be sure and reserve a room way ahead as they all sell out

Great photos, Kay! You are really showing up a storm this year!! Or is it the same as always? I love seeing your horses and Kyle and friends. Take more photos!!
default_yes.gif

You weren't showing so could have taken pics and forgot your camera?????
default_no.gif
I let others show for me once instead of me being in the ring and it's very nice. It was right after a show where I was jusggling multiple horses so would leave the ring with one and grab another. I only did that once.

They look great
default_smile.png

Amanda

You weren't showing so could have taken pics and forgot your camera?????
default_no.gif
I let others show for me once instead of me being in the ring and it's very nice. It was right after a show where I was jusggling multiple horses so would leave the ring with one and grab another. I only did that once.

They look great
default_smile.png

Amanda

I am notorious for forgetting the camera. Or taking it and not having batteries. LOL. Karla this was the first time we have done this show. We normally go to Congress but didnt get to go due to the wedding so we did this late show. So the same number of shows as usual. I feel like all I have done all summer is clip horses.

And Amanda it was so fun just being able to watch and concentrate on Kyle. I really enjoyed it.

Kay, you'll have to give me a listing of hotels so we can book early for the show, we are no longer involved with our local county fair as superintendents of the equine and now that will free us up to head to some other pony and miniature shows instead of our own local fair. I received a showbook for the show but there is no listing of where to stay since we are 5 hours away from the fair. We were involved for 6 years with our own county fair and alot of work involved and its time to move on ourselves and let someone take care of the job there.
default_saludando.gif
Wish you were going to the Nationals, it will be along time until we see you again
default_saludando.gif

oh what fun pics... looks like you guys had a great time... and gosh your boys remind me of what it was like when i was there age showing lol... sad thing is im pretty sure im not very much older than they are lol... what great times..

Back