DANDY!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
Dandy I read on the other post about your old barn. I would love to see pictures of it.

I must admit that I am obcessed with old, old, old, barns. They have a country charm and feel to them that warms my heart.

I have a collection of old barn pictures that I have taken on my mountain. Here are just a few that I wanted to share with you.

An old barn like these is all I ever even wanted in the first place. I would have been more than happy to have bought a place with something like this to fix up for my horses.

oldbarn1.jpg

oldbarn2.jpg

oldbarn3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG that is beautiful. My father grew up down in Kentucky like 60 years ago on a mountain in the middle of nowhere like 100miles from sivilization. We go down there all the time and see his old barn. It looks just like that one exept w/ allot more holes from where horses had kicked through it. I love old barns like that. I swear that im going to restore that barn someday and go down there. It has about 40 stalls + an arena for running/lunging.

Gosh Marty, I know they aren't meant for me.

But can I still say how much I like them all! so glad you put them up here!

Marty..we have something in common!!! I LOVE the old barns too!!!
wub.gif

When we moved here there was an OLD barn that had the axe hewn beams..but they had let it run down and we were unable to repair it in time..got some really strong straight line winds one afternoon and most of it went down..broke my heart.
no.gif

I find some kind of peace when I am alone in an old barn, almost a calm feeling.

There is one about 4 miles from here with a high ceiling and when I am in it (we bought hay from them a few years back) its almost like being in a cathedral...
yes.gif

Glad someone else has these feelings.
aktion033.gif

Sorry I missed your post marty. when I found it today, I couldn't access the pictures. Darn it! I love my old barn, but it really isn't anything special. We are constantly in an upheaval making changes. Today my hubby is replacing roofing over a side shed (where they had exotic chickens) to close it in for my hay. When we take trips, I love looking at old barns. I always want to stop and explore. There is a big one near my sister's in alabama that is so pictuesqe (sp) Mine is only 36 feet wide by 60 feet long with a loft and two side overhangs. I will try to put up some pictures soon. I am not trained on how to do pictures and have to get my daughter to do it for me. She is in college, so I am at her mercy. When we first bought this place (10 yrs ago) I invited a few people from work to a cook out. I took them into my barn and was so proud and happily bragging on it. One of my friends later told me that they could not understand what the big deal was it was just an "old barn". It's my "hidey hole", my "cozy", my place to putter whenever I get a chance.

Here ya go:

oldbarn3.jpg

oldbarn2.jpg

oldbarn1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Beautiful old barns. Makes me make up stories of who lived there and used the barn in the past. I have been wanting some barn pictures to put up in my office. right now my walls are covered with my daughters show pictures.

Hay Marty, I have a "older" barn, its 75 years old and in really good shape (at least I think so) it has all the hand hewn beams, and even the old cement silo, which I think would be such a perfect 1 bedroom apartment, but Bob tinks I am nuts whenever I bring that up. He would like to smash it down! Here are some pics of my barn and the last one you can see our silo on too, well, its the perfect home for all the pigeons who seen to love it in there!
b04b5836.jpg
Barnaisle-miniside.jpg
BeautywLindaJPG.jpg
I love old barns and have a good collection of pictures scattered around the house. Corinne

aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Thanx for posting pics of old barns!! I too am a barnlover. These pics give me inspiration to take a drive one day and take pic of some local barns.

Latest posts

Back