Daisy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is very very soft on each side of her tail bone.. and her crotch is also loose. To me some days it looks swollen and has enough "extra" on the sides to make another one. She actually brayed this afternoon for the first time. She has also laid down and rolled more today than she ever has. I put her up at night and have her a small enclosure where she can come in and out of her stall during the day. Keep in mind, this jenny was untouched until we got her a few months ago. Now she is a big baby and expects attention when you are anywhere near.

She actually brayed this afternoon for the first time. She has also laid down and rolled more today than she ever has. I put her up at night and have her a small enclosure where she can come in and out of her stall during the day. Keep in mind, this jenny was untouched until we got her a few months ago. Now she is a big baby and expects attention when you are anywhere near.

Funny that is exactly what our Gracie did (execpt she her bag only looked like that for 12 hours) We got Grace on 8/8/05, and she was all alone and never been touched but she seemed happy to be with us but she was very stand off-ish until about 9/8 then she wanted to be loved and scratched all the time . She NEVER brayed and on 9/15 we were in the barn and we heard the funniest little pitiful bray and by 8pm her tail area was mush and we put her on camera - she had Vernon by midnight
default_wub.png
: BTW he inherited her pitiful squeaky bray LOL

Pics from today... I could write a book after this one.. lol

Today the sides of her belly are even soft.

S7300728.jpg

She laid down to roll in some dust.

S7300738.jpg

looks loose to me.. what do ya'll think?

S7300730.jpg

Her response when I told her she had to hurry up and have this baby already...

S7300747.jpg

Pics from today... I could write a book after this one.. lol
[SIZE=10pt]Mendy, you write the book... I'll buy it :bgrin (newbie here). You are great with the pictures :aktion033: I love the one where she is rolling on her side and her ears are laid back... and the braying pic too. Bless her heart! Tell her we're all pulling for her
default_wub.png
: ... and waiting for the news :lol:
[/SIZE]

Those are the BEST pictures :aktion033:

Ce...we need to archive these pics .... the forum is asked SOOoooo many times about Udder/Bra size
default_yes.gif
:

Wow...her crotch is Loooose ! !!!!!

The only thing that I see that has been different with my girls on the 3rd pic down ..... looking at the udders ;) Their bag was a bit fuller. But that doesn't mean anything though??
default_rolleyes.gif
: They are all so different!

By the look at her loose crotch....my girls would be foaling in the next 24 hours.

I absolutely LOVE
default_wub.png
: the last pic......lol....that says it all
default_wink.png
:

Poor Thing!!!

How is the weather...is it going to be comfy birthing weather ??

I can't wait to see pics of the little one...I hope you get to attend the birth...you take great pics
default_yes.gif
: and Daisy isn't afraid of the camera & flash
default_smile.png
Do you see much movement of the baby? they usually slow down prior to birth too
default_yes.gif
:

S7300747.jpg

[SIZE=12pt]...lol... I will pin this post, for everyone to see Daisy's udder. If she is rolling alot more, she is getting the baby in position to be born. DOnt you just love jenny stare :bgrin :lol:
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
: Come on LIttle Miss Daisy...we're W..A..I..T..I..N..G I just know she will have it tomorrow because I will be gone and wont see the pic till later afternoon.
default_wink.png
: Ce
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]This beats any soap opera...... everyday i go to the computer thinking she has had to have had the lil one by now.....gosh what a nail biter....... all of your pics are soooooo good, cant wait to see the baby.......i am happy she has a good home now.....hang in there Daisy
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Last night was NOT the night
default_sad.png
... updated pics are on the way... batteries went dead in the camera
default_sad.png
But they are charging!!! LOL

I figure she'll have it this Saturday morning because I have had this "yard sale" thing planned for months with alot of my family and friends. I'll have to be up and gone by 5:30 a.m. If she shows any signs that morning.. they are going to have to do it without me for a little while.. lol

I checked last night...nothing, I checked this morning, nothing..I'm heading out to the fair now, so Daisy, why dont you surprise me and have it by the time I get home? PLEASE, your keeping all of us in suspense. Ce

Well... still no baby :eek:

here she is ... 2 days ago (Thursday)

S7300769.jpg

and here she is today (excuse the pic.. daughter had to take it for me, I was busy busy.. but had her running the camera over and taking a few pics and checking on her all day)

S7300782.jpg

I am not seeing much of a change in her.. other than her bag seems to be getting a little bigger every day. No restlessness or any other sign
default_sad.png

:aktion033: LOL...I think we should call in the animal "Physics" ?

[SIZE=14pt]OR[/SIZE] ...Ce needs to go on mini vacation
default_smile.png

* the bag does look fuller today
default_wink.png
:

I can honestly say this is the ONLY animal that has kept me up this many nights.. my husband gave up on her last week.. he's sleeping good EVERY night.. lol My daughters birthday is Tuesday and thats the night of the full moon too.. maybe she can get a birthday surprise!!

She has had every sign of birthing at least 3 times in 2 weeks.. then they fade away for a day or two... and then we're back at it again.. lol

I've started calling her "crazy daisy".. she looks at me crazy when I go in there at 1:30 and 4:30 and back up at 6.. lol

Just curious, can you get any liquid from her udder and if so what does it look like, mine always have clear to yellow/amber colored sticky, and then when it changes to skim milk looking they are really close, right now I have a jenny that is waxed and her milk is so white it is like pouring it out of a gallon of milk. So should be soon(although I had one go 48 hourse like that!LOL) She has had the white milk since last evening.

Hope she goes soon, I know the waiting game is not fun!
default_unsure.png
:

Well no new baby
default_sad.png

She will NOT let me see if she has milk or not (actually fear for my life when I attempt it). She'll come up and love on me and want me to pet her.. but go for that utter and its on!!

Here are a few pics of her today!!

S7300805.jpg

S7300804.jpg

S7300802.jpg

I was concerned for a few days because I saw NO movement at all.... but today, it was dancing!! Excuse the wet back in one of the pics.. it rained here today for the first time in over a month.. I let her go play in it a bit.. the horses were enjoying it too!!

:aktion033: She's getting a little bitchey .... that is a good sign
default_yes.gif
:

I am sure baby can't wait to burst out
default_wink.png
:

I'm seeing very little change in her bag over the days.. but seem to be noticing a slight belly change though. She's staying in her stall more .. full moon's tonight.. keep your fingers crossed.

Pics from this morning..

82807.jpg

82807.1.jpg

82807.5.jpg

Back