Daisy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrselady

Reaction score
Ok i'm nervous and scared.. but she went from a non existing bag to a "B" cup. I have made the vet aware of it (which he just laughed at me.. and said if i needed him to call). I have a foaling kit in the barn.. ready. I have read and talked to 100's of people about what could go wrong and think I have it all down. If i'm like this when my donkey goes to have it.. I am going to have to be committed when my kids are old enough for families of their own... lol

Any last minute things anyone thinks I should know?? Other than CALM DOWN.. lol I know it could still be awhile.. but to know its impending!!!

WOO HOO - well atleast you know she is getting closer.

Our Gracie (twice) went from nothing to a B and stayed at a "B" for 2-3 weeks then jumped to DD and gave birth within 48 hours.

Annie on the other hand went from nothing to a "B" and gave birth 3 days later and we never ever saw a change until she had the baby
default_rolleyes.gif
:

So you are still in the waiting game :eek:

:aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: Now all this whole forum needs to do is wait for the birth announcement...and of course pictures to go with it. :bgrin Your doing good, just remember to breath and try to stay calm. Do you have the book "Blessed are the broodmares" ? Its a excellent book to have in the barn with you ...just in case, and have the pages bookmarked for a emergency. I like this book better then my donkey book! Corinne

[SIZE=14pt]come on Daisy...we're waiting to see that little baby... :lol: ...Nikki :bgrin [/SIZE]

OOOk .. here we go.. lol

This is Daisy Tuesday.. (14th).. her none at all went to this.... (she was letting me feel her and check it)

S7300620.jpg

Then here she is on Thursday (16th) ... would not let me touch her to check her AT ALL!! )

S7300648.jpg

Then here she is this morning (17th)

S7300651.jpg

Still WILL NOT let me check her!!

Not sure if she is a maiden or not.. no background on her AT ALL !!! I am familiar with the norms on horse births but not donkeys. She is looking normal? Don't really know what I'm trying to ask her so any imput would really really be appreciated!!

all i can say is wow she is growing fast! not sure about "normal" because i have only had one foal so far... but maybe you will have my good luck - once i actually POSTED pictures of Taffy's udder on the forum, it was only a few days and we had a foal
default_wink.png
:

That bag is filling up fast :aktion033: I/ve been checking on here during the day to see if you have "PROUD BABY"
default_wub.png
: pictures posted. COME ON DAISY, your keeping a whole forum waiting.
default_yes.gif
: I only had one and she was a maiden, she filled up fast and then the wait was on...for another 5 weeks! :eek: :no: Corinne

:aktion033: She is close Mendy
default_yes.gif
:

Wow...you should win the award for "BEST" udder pics ....those are great :aktion033:

Oh...I know you are nervous .... I was a sleepless wreck with all my births and only got to attend 2 out of 7
default_rolleyes.gif
:

They are so sneaky .... look for restlessness. My girls always looked like they were looking for something. But that is not true either :eek: Our last birth was shortly after we left for work .... we came home 2 hours later to get some parts and there was Zepp ...he was pretty well cleaned up by then too. That morn before we left Fawn (mom) was acting COMPLETELY normal....braying to get our butts out there to feed her and chowing down her hay like normal.

LOL...just remember when you wake up and find your new little one tomorrow
default_smile.png
don't forget in all the excitement to iodine that cord
default_yes.gif
:

Can't wait to read about the new baby...how exciting !!!

:new_shocked: OMG she is REALLY close ! I hope you have a baby to report soon :aktion033:

...and dont forget to iodine those little footsies too, bacteria can set in thru them. I ALWAYS spray the cord and the bottom of there hooves. Ce

Nothing new this morning
default_sad.png
.. I knew last night was it.. lol She was biting at her sides and stomping her rear hooves.. even made a few circles in her stall.. she even came up and put her head on me and followed me around her stall wanting me to pet her.. but nothing yet!! She'll have it when all this lack of sleep finally catches up with me.. lol There is no change in her bag... but the area right before her bags ( for the life of me right now, i can NOT remember what its called) is really full.. adding a pic that somewhat shows the area and how full it is.

S7300670.jpg

S7300673.jpg

Should I be concerned that one is bigger than the other?? I can take more pics to show.. she doesn't mind the pictures being taken.. she just WILL not let us touch them!! Plus the fact that she wasn't touched before we got her.. I do NOT push myself on her.

Well today being Sunday the 19th of August, Our girl Daisy is now back to a "B" cup. Any thoughts guys? GRRRRRR

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Mendy out in the barn taking lots of pictures of Daisy having her baby
default_yes.gif
:
default_wink.png
:

No baby yet
default_sad.png
but let me ask ya'll a question... today when she goes to urinate.. she winks and its red!! Her belly has dropped to the point you can see her spine.. Her urine has went from white to a yellow color and not alot at a time. Her vulva seems alot more relaxed today too (almost looks puffy)

Should I be concerned? Is this maybe early signs of foaling? I am keeping up with dates.. pics.. and everything!!

And I can NOT thank ya'll enough for helping me and Daisy through all of this!! lol

The day before Buuny had Fawn...she had a watery/pink discharge.

The drop in her belly and loose crotch is all great signs for a delivery VERY soon...

VERY, VERY soon
default_yes.gif
:

Is this her first time?

:aktion033: the baby and Abby can share today as a birthday ;) She is very close...

We are still waiting.. her bag had went back down to a "b" until today and I see a difference again..

This was 2 days ago..

S7300689.jpg

Today

S7300691.jpg

side view from today... she is leaning on one foot in the pic. When she stands straight you can really see where it looks like she only has half a belly.

S7300709.jpg

rear shot....

S7300717.jpg

I am almost thinking she is going to just raise it where it is.. lol

Poor thing ....it hurts looking at her :no:

She has dropped .... and ready...you can tell by the indents on each side of the base of her tail.

Has her crotch loosened up more ... it does get drastically loose prior to foaling.

When is the next Full Moon
default_wink.png
:

Latest posts

Back