DailyWormers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverRidgeMinis

Reaction score
Do any of you use the daily wormers or the "feed thru" wormers? What do you use and does it

work well? What are the drawbacks?

Thanks,

Freida

I use the Strongid C 2x daily dewormer. I love it, particularly for horses under two years of age because it helps keep them in condition (no bellies). Been using it for many years.

I haven't found any drawbacks, except for the minor cost increase for supplementation on my herd.

Andrea

I use Strongid and I am very happy with it. It keeps the bellies down well. I have yet to find a draw back..
default_smile.png

Interesting, I might like to try this too.

So when you use a daily wormer, do you still occasionally use a different wormer as a "purge"? As in, we rotate several over the year at 8 week intervals like many people I read about here do. If you feed the daily wormer is anything else still needed in your experience?

edited to add: I just googled and found the answer to my question (yes add'l paste worming is needed because the feed through doesn't get everything), but if this can keep the bellies tucked up better on the young ones it sounds like a good thing to try.

Last edited by a moderator:
.......I haven't done this, although I've thought about it many times.

My hesitation is in thinking I'd be putting, basically, a poison in their

system every day in oppositon to doing a paste wormer that would

flush and then leave the system.....

Does that make any sense? Is that anything to be concerned about?

Latest posts

Back