Daily wormer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

littlehorse2

I would like to know who uses daily wormer and what brand is safe for minis?

Christy

We use Strongid C daily wormer and love it. Have to do Ivermectin twice a year as well.

I use Strongid C also on my adult minis, but one of my stallions was sensitive to it, and I cannot give it to him anymore. A couple of hours after I would give it to him, he would act depressed, and not graze, and breath harder than usual,and his body would feel hot to the touch. The dosage was right but something is in it, that does not agree with his system, so he does not get it anymore, although I can give it to the others. It is good to observe how your horses behave when using daily wormer.

We also like to use strongid C. Fortunetly, we haven't had any problems with it so far. I like it because it makes me feel more secure in that I am battling the parasites daily. Totally my own opinion.

Sincerely,

Va Lynda Ann

Strongid C for every one, every day.

smile.gif

shminifancier said:
Nope I don't I don't like the idea of feeding poison to my horses on a daily basis..JMO..
445568[/snapback]

This is also my stance.....just a personal one. No issues from me if you use it.
wink.gif
Many people do and swear by it.

shminifancier said:
Nope I don't I don't like the idea of feeding poison to my horses on a daily basis..JMO..
445568[/snapback]

I hate the idea of daily wormers
no.gif
worms will become emoune(sp) to our wormers, & then what!!! IMO with the use of daily wormers, worms might someday soon over whelm(sp) us....JMHO

[SIZE=14pt]I use the strongid C 2x also. We have had no problems at all with it.[/SIZE]

Lyn

I do Strongid C daily and have since it came out on the advice of my Vet. But you do have to worm with Zimectrin paste twice a year. I do it in July and Jan, then wait 2 days and start Strongid C again. My horses have beautiful coats, less colics and are worm free on fecal checks. I love the stuff.

Joyce

I also use a daily wormer. My vet recommends using ivermectrin 4x yearly too. Most people have recommended 2x. Ask your vet....

I have used Strongic C in the past with no complaints. Then I started thinking about it and don't like the idea of giving my horses poison on a daily basis so don't give it anymore.

Robin

Latest posts

Back