D.M. Miniature Sale Forum Family Pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhorseladie

Reaction score
Well, I originally went to the sale with the thought of meeting forum friends and possibly bringing home a mare. I met forum friends... first Russ from Iowa and then Yvonne (Manyspots).

RussYvonne.jpg

Next, thanks to Iowa Russ I met DM Minis (Russ from Nebraska) and Mr. Manyspots himself (Larry in red)

russ.jpg

I enjoyed visiting with these folks and Larry was interesting to chat with on horse things.

Next the auction started and in walked all those little cuties. First, I bought a little sorrel filly...

DM Raes Kate "Kate" foaled 6/1/06 AMHR She is pictured with my May 26th baby Cindy

Kate.jpg

Then I bought a little paint boy-remember, don't need a stallion or gelding.
default_wacko.png
:

DM Rajas Pilgram He is a yearling 29 inches tall.

Pilgrim.jpg

Right after Pilgram came a little sorrel stallion and no one would bid. So I got him for next to nothing
default_smile.png

Funny thing is, I thought he was adorable, but I DON"T NEED ANY BOYS
default_smile.png
I stopped on the way home where someone had been wanting one and sold him on the spot! I still have him for temporary "storage"
default_smile.png

But half has been paid!

star.jpg

It was a busy and exciting day. I sure didn't mean to bring home three horses, but since I sold one before I made it to the farm, I guess it all worked out!

I didn't get to see if Russ or Yvonne made any buys, I don't think so, but would love to hear.

Cute purchases, handsome guys and you look great!
default_smile.png

Glad you had fun!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience and pics.

Liz M.

UMMMM....Thanks, but how do you know I look great? LOL. I'm not pictured...that probably does make me look great! No honestly it was a good time and I can't wait to play with my new kids tomorrow morning!

It was so nice to meet you yesterday! My only regret is why didn't we take your camera and get your pic too? Now I think of it!

The sale was nice. Some nice little horses and great people always at the sale. There were a couple of weanlings that had beautiful conformation and the nice thin hooky necks. No doubt they will be in the show rings next year. Also there was a nice black, "B" gelding there broke to drive by a young man who consigned him. I did bid and now of course am kicking myself that I didn't keep up bidding. I did make a purchase though!- A harness for a "B" gelding I have shown lightly in halter. So today he is going to find out what a harness and bit are! That is all I purchased. I did get to see the chestnut that Russ M. started training on. I am sure he will find his way to the ring too!

As for if Russ B. from Iowa made any purchases I am going to let him share if he made any! Lots of suspense isn't there? ha! Lavonne

Is it bad form to ask what the price range was for the horses? Even if it is, I'm asking anyway.

Oh it sounds like you had a lot of fun and picked up some nice horses as well!!! Don't beat yourself up on buying horses you didn't need, especially since you sold one already to someone who was looking for a boy. BUT, think about it... how many of us NEED our minis? It's not about what we need, but what we want to make our lives happier :bgrin It's been about 100 years since most people "needed" a horse. Congrats on your finds and that's great you got to meet "The Russ-es" and Yvonne & Larry / Manyspots
default_yes.gif
:

I left at lot 55 so I don't know what the last 15 brought but we wrote down prices to that point and the lowest was 225. I got him. The highest was my fav. I waited for him and he went for 1950 :new_shocked: Anything black white and female went for well over 1000. Anything solid was between 400 and 1000. I got three horses for 1000. But I am a cheap skate also!

OOPs Lavonne, fogot to say it was wonderful to meet you and I learned a lot from visiting with Larry. Smart guy, acts unintested in the horses but don't let him fool you! He knows his stuff
default_smile.png

Would love to know about Russ B and if he got anything on his wish list.

And yes, I got to see that gelding that Russ M is starting driving. He was busy showing off for news cameras when russ got him harnessed. I didn't get to see any of that on the news though, I think they cut it out. I wasn't on there either, Larry was, and Russ M, and Don...didn't notice anyone else, but they did pan the crowd!

Sounds like you had fun. Love the horses you bought.

Hmmm...I thought Russ from Iowa would have dropped a post to this by now. I have already had the harness on our B gelding just to see if it fit ok. And it did! He had his first 15 minute lesson today too!

Russ from Nebraska I hope you read this as you have some emails at your Yahoo address to open.

Hi :saludando: I am PROUD to say I purchased an awesome weanling filly. She's got awesome action and will halter well with her showy qualities. She's out of Russ Maas'

mare .......my new filly is also named Rose....R.M Painted Rose. :bgrin Bred by Russ Maas and D.M. mini blood running all through her.

She will be a excellent driving candidate in a couple years :aktion033: ......I admired her for alot of her qualities and look forward to showing her next season. She is the total package and I really am glad to have the opportunity to own her. Did I mention she moves like a dream? Of course that's in her genes so it will be exciting to be part of her show career.

I just hope I can do right by her and continue the Maas tradition. I'm sure going to try hard.
default_yes.gif
:

I didn't get any pics to share of her yet. She will be coming home later, after we can get shipping arranged.

You'll just have to wait to see what she looks like.
default_wink.png
: She's a different color than the other mare I own and flashy!

So at a later time I will share pics and introduce her to everyone. With 2 Rose's now...... :lol:

we need to nickname the new Rose.....something special. So I'm thinking on that name for her.

I was glad to meet all the forum people at the sale. Staci, we needed to get a pic of you! Next time hit me with a big stick.....I shoulda asked to use your camera to show the forum your family. Congrats on all your purchases...... :aktion033:

THANK YOU to Russ and Don Maas for putting up with all my questions and talking. I have the utmost respect for their program and them as people. They treated me really well and I am greatful!

There were ALOT of awesome mini's at the sale......wish I were more aggressive in my buying skills. I missed some good ones because I didn't step it up. Sure glad to have the new Rose!
default_yes.gif
:

Be sure to go look Don and Russ Maas up at Nationals.....look for the D.M. Miniature name! Should be easy to find.....listen for their name announced in the ring, doing a victory lap, a trail of ribbons,

or better yet .....just follow the 2 guys who care alot about people and are having a great time doing what they love to do best......showing quality D.M miniatures. :aktion033:

Last edited by a moderator:
With 2 Rose's now...... :lol:

we need to nickname the new Rose.....something special. So I'm thinking on that name for her.
Well, with all the varieties of Roses (the flower), why not name her after one of the varieties?

Here are a few to get you thinking (I did a google search):

1. Amelia - medium pink (variety of old garden rose)

2. Enchantress - medium pink tea rose

3. Lena - apricot, apricot blend tea rose

4. Narcisse - medium yellow tea rose

5. penelope - dark red tea rose

6. Alexia - pink blend, floribunda variety

7. Anabell - orange, orange blend floribunda

8. Bon-bon - pink blend floribunda

9. Coralie - light pink - damask

10. Emotion - pink blend - bourbon variety

11. Maggie - med red - bourbon variety

12. Taffetta - white blend - miniature variety (am I getting there? it's miniature variety)

13. Alisha - pink blend - miniature

14. Angelita - white blend - miniature

15. Bonny - med pink - miniature

16. Breezy - orange/orange blend - miniature

17. chelsea - med pink - miniature

18. Cissie - med pink - miniature

19. Courtney - red blend - miniature

20. Daniela - light pink - miniature

21. Fantasi - white blend - miniature

22. Georgette - medium pink - miniature

23. Giselle - deep pink - miniature

24. Ina - white blend - miniature

25. Kara - med pink - miniature

26. Meera - pink blend - miniature

27. Odesa - mauve blend miniature

28. Ruby - medium red - miniature

29. Snookie - orange blend - miniature (ok,so this isn't very feminine, but it is kind of cute)

30. Starina - orange red - miniature

Can you guess... It's late and I can't sleep, so I'm googling roses and looking at literally hundreds of varieties and listing the one word femine sounding names.

Found an interesting miniature rose variety while I was at it... "Little Buckaroo", medium red.

Ok, I've been at this about 30 minutes or so, I think I'll quite when I hit 30, as there are 1400 miniature rose varieties; I've looked at about 75%. :eek:

Whew, now I'm ready to go to sleep. Thanks for the help and it was fun looking through all those names.

Russ, Congratulations!!! I look forward to seeing pictures of the new Rose
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
: I know what it's like to really admire a farm's breeding program and then to be able to call one of those horses your own. It's a great feeling and really looking forward to seeing your new girl
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:
default_yes.gif
:

Ahhhhh....so you did get her huh? Congrats. Did you see the little stallion I wanted so bad. He was gorgeous. I waited for him to come with stallions going so cheep and he went for 1950! Ouch! He was worth it though!

Ya you picked the best one on the sale (ROCKEN ROBIN) I bought him to drive in a few years. This one will make you look again. I also bought the #30 bl;ack and white mare.

Yup, I got Painted Rose. I am having trouble getting my photbucket account working tonight to share a pic.

Thanks Jill and Staci for your kind words.
default_smile.png
Chandab, thanks for your research. I kicked around the idea of her intials P.R......then thought of Miss Maasy.....since she came from Russ Maas & family. Figured if I was at a show and called her Maasy out loud.....2 guys from D.M Mini's will chase me with a big stick and make me sorry. :lol: Still thinking,,,,,
default_smile.png

Robin and the#30 mare were eye poppers.....REALLY going to clean up in the show ring. I kept going over to Robin just to admire that super sleek long neck. That colt is going to rock the show world!

Ahhhhh....so you did get her huh? Congrats. Did you see the little stallion I wanted so bad. He was gorgeous. I waited for him to come with stallions going so cheep and he went for 1950! Ouch! He was worth it though!

This is the NEW Rose filly I bought at the sale. :bgrin Just got photobucket to work for me so sharing the picture.

newrose.jpg

Congratulations Russ she is very nice. You will have fun with her and I hope to see you at more shows next year.

Karla, I am looking forward to the challenge! I have always liked a horse with white. Got lots of products that will work for whitener if they are needed. Can't hardly wait till next show season..... :aktion033:

"Miss Maasy" might get a tad spoiled
default_wink.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks Roelene! :saludando: I hope to get to at least 4-5 shows next season....maybe more.

Glad to add Maasy to the show string....she will be fun!
default_wub.png
:

Congratulations, Russ! Now you've got another "Rose" to spoil. Think you're getting hooked on showing, too! :bgrin :bgrin And you've got some great people to help and cheer you on. Hope to see you at one of the club meetings this fall.

We've got some exciting news about some horses we bought, also...........will be sharing the news later this month!

Latest posts

Back