Cutting the bridle path

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxi'sMinis

Reaction score
you cut down the neck. Is it individual to the horse? I'm talking about for show not just for around the farm. Since once it's done it's done, I wanted to get some input before cutting away.

Thanks for your advice.

Yep, heard this somewhere and so far seems to be a decent "trick"....

Set your horse up, and get them to set their head up high (unless you show "uneducated" and make them stretch their neck and head FORWARD not UP if that makes any sense
default_smile.png
)

The mane should fall down so that the front part makes a straight line up from the chest. This way you won't see any mane from the opposite side. If you look at the mare in my avatar, you see the dark "dot" above her crest that is her mane ribbon. It drops straight down, right behind the bridle path, and you don't see any of her mane from that side even though it is very long.

Andrea

Last edited by a moderator:
You will get a lot of varied opinions on this.....I always cut a little, stand back and look at the horse set up. Not always do you want to show as much neck on some as others. Leave a little more mane for a thicker neck, and show a little more neck for a nice archy neck.

Latest posts

Back