Cute Story, I think so anyway

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
had his first stroke 19 years ago. Then a person most always has mini strokes thereafter. Most of them you don't even know are happening. So his mind has been going downhill for years.

He is 81 years old and in the nursing home with dementia. He got a room mate last week and the first morning Fred ran away. They found him up by the highway in his pajamas. Fred wouldn't come back so they had to get the police to help them. Well any way Fred is 88 compared to Duanes 81 and Duanes remark when he came back. "Do you mean that's what I have to look forward to when I reach his age?" I think it is rather funny because although Duane has never run away he has been pulling funny shenanigans for years. Although he can't help it. I have to laugh at them or I'd be a basket case.

Now that I wrote it, it doesn't sound so funny but you would have to know my husband I guess to see the humor.
default_biggrin.png

I agree you have to look on the funny side of things, I got a laugh of what he said
default_wub.png

I think that is a wonderful story. A good sense of humor is the most important thing to me. Laughing is the best medicine in the world I think. I wish you and your husband a Great Christmas.

Oh Bassett that is funny! There is nothing wrong in finding humor in trying times. Life is much harder if we don't. That is why I love my husband so much. The worst times and he can make me laugh! Sounds like yours can too. That is priceless!

When my aunt was 90 and she lived in a nursing home, my kids and I would visit every other day. She was very quiet and never was a raucous person. But when you are bed ridden, the days and hours just kinda run together. We came in one day to visit, and I think she had had a dream, but am not quiet sure. She called me over and whispered,,, " Kimberly,,,,, there is a jug of whiskey and a bunch of puppies under the bed, an you take them home before I get into trouble!!" HeeHee, sounds like a party!

I agree....... You DO have to find the funny side of things or you'll go a bit nuts.

That reminded me of my great aunt and uncle when I was growing up. My mother was their primary caretaker at the end. They were in their 90's and still living in their home with people my mother hired to come check on them, make meals, etc.

One day my mother came home telling us the story about how my great aunt told her that she was convinced that Uncle Walter had a lover hidden in his closet!!! What Auntie hadn't been able to figure out is how he always managed to get the lover to escape when ever she went to check! (Yes, it was both sad and funny at the same time....... We all chose to focus on the funny side.)

Latest posts

Back