Quantcast

Cute New Picture of DUCKY From Today

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
When I was out today, I got a cute shot of Ducky. He's such a stinker... Don't know how that happened

I've decided to have him gelded this fall and have him as my under show gelding going forward

Thanks for looking at my Duckling

[SIZE=12pt]Whinny For Me's Dun Buckin Around, a/k/a "Ducky"[/SIZE]
2008 AMHA / AMHR pending, AMHR Futurity Nominated Show Colt – -- Expected To Mature @ 33”

By Erica's Gone and DunIT (AMHR Nat'l Top 10 / AMHA Honor Roll / Multi Champion), out of Harrells Rowdys Reflection of Hope (Halter Gr Champion)

Bloodlines include: Buckeroo, Rowdy, BTU, Yellow Diamond Little Feather, and Egyptian King

Leeana

Reaction score
Okay Jill i just
this colt! He has the greatest head and oh my, look at those ears!!! He is to cool
:wub

Last edited by a moderator:

afoulk

Reaction score
Jill

Ducky looks so good. He will make a great gelding if that is what you decide to do. Can't wait to watch him grow up and develop.

Arlene

nootka

Reaction score
hahah, I can tell he's a little stinkbug. He knows you love him, though!

Great pic!!!

He's beautiful.

Liz

maplegum

Reaction score
Ohhh there he is! I've been waiting for more photos of him.

I love him the most out of all your new foals. He has a magic about him, even through a computer screen!

Look at his colouring too. He looks like he is turning bay! No..... he looks like chocolate!

I love this little man, he's really special.

More more more photos of him Jill, one photo is not enough!

xox Leonie xox

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
Thank you, everyone. "Ducky" is H and my favorite from this year BECAUSE he is such a little stinker. He just cracks us up and he has been a pistol since day one.

As to his color, he was born JET black and now looks black-bay. But, I see a couple-few white hairs above his eyes (not all the way around). I think he may grey out
But slowly...

I have a Buckeroo grandson, Blue, who was born almost black but goggles right from the start. He is light sweatshirt grey now at nearly 12mos old

Sooooooo... I think in time both my over (Blue) and under (Ducky) show geldings may be grey

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
He does, Kim!!! I do not know what it is, but with the "boys", the more rotten they are, the more I love them and H is the same way. Ducky captured our hearts at one day old when we saw him on camera kicking the snot out of his dam "just because". No idea why I find that so endearing -- I guess I didn't ever fully outgrow my bad boy phase
No doubt where he gets his rock star mentality from, either (DunIT!!! He is DunIT all over in his head!).

Last edited by a moderator:

Jill

Aspiring Cowgirl
Reaction score
I'm not sure if he is dun. He has a dorsal stripe and it does look like he's got shoulder bars (so I'd say yes) but will maybe be easier to see when I clip him. He's so dark so it's looking for darker on dark and he's always in motion so it's hard to be 100%.

DunIT's father and mother are both dun, so he may be homozygous for it.

Latest posts