CT Valley Driving Trial & Fun Day/Clinic, June 6-7

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

targetsmom

Reaction score
The driving Club I joined recently has a driving trial each year at Haddam Meadow State Park in Haddam, CT which we went to as spectators last year. They would LOVE to see some VSE (mini) entries this year. It is a great introduction to CDE, as the dressage and cones are in the morning and then the "marathon" is in the afternoon over a 4-6 KM flat, mostly grassy course, with 4 obstacles. Entries open tomorrw - April 1. More info at:

http://www.cvdrivingclub.com/

Now, the day AFTER the trial, on Sunday June 7, there will be a clinic and a fun day over the same course!!! The clinics will be offered by the judge and technical delegate - Lisa Singer and Craig Kellogg; forms to sign up for the clinics are also at the website above. There is a discount and preference for the clinic if you VOLUNTEER at the Driving Trail!!! How great is that! Plus, for $10, (or free if you volunteered!!) you can just bring a horse on Sunday and drive on the course - yielding to lesson horses of course.

If you do plan to come, you should know there is limited shade and no WATER, but there is a food tent on Saturday.

Bumping this up- sounds like FUN!! Lisa Singer is a major name in driving, I'd love to have a lesson with her.
default_wub.png

Leia

Well I would love to enter the Driving Trial, but can't make plans because we have mares due at that time. I did send in a check for the clinic and am hoping things work out. If it does, I will be sure to get photos or a video! I think this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone in the New England area who wants to learn more about driving! Does anyone know if they do this at other CDE's - offer clinics and a chance to try out the course while everything is set up?

P.S. If we can get away that Sunday, I plan to take more than one mini to try out the course!

Happ's has several schooling events during the year where you can go out on the marked course and try dressage in front of a judge, and most of the CDE's offer some sort of clinic with the officials after the event. It's another way they can try to break even! I audited the clinic with Lisa Singer after Beavercreek last year and learned a lot. I wish Kody had been up to taking a lesson after the event, it would have been great.

Leia

I can't wait! Im keeping fingers that everything works out and i can VOLUNTEER at the Trial and participate in the clinic!

Well I would love to enter the Driving Trial, but can't make plans because we have mares due at that time. I did send in a check for the clinic and am hoping things work out. If it does, I will be sure to get photos or a video! I think this is a fantastic opportunity for anyone in the New England area who wants to learn more about driving! Does anyone know if they do this at other CDE's - offer clinics and a chance to try out the course while everything is set up?
P.S. If we can get away that Sunday, I plan to take more than one mini to try out the course!
mary,

Will you EM me privately please???

dru

Latest posts

Back