Crystals foal thread. [New pics 6/17]

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Udder. Not much there, but a little.

Opinions? She isnt even close is she? *sighs* I dont get it.

611 udder.JPG

611 udder 2.JPG

Has a vet confirmed pregnancy?
The vet has been following her for the 11 months and believes her to be in foal. His tech of 20 yrs felt heavy movement and is sure it was foal movement. But there was never a blood test done. So it is not confirmed that way. And I am aware that it is possible were all wrong and shes not in foal. LOL. But the vet believes its alot more likely she is gonna be one of those mares that goes close to 12 months. Only time will tell. I encourage you to read through the thread and look at pics when you have time and guess along with us. Is she in foal?

I have looked at all the pics and read most of the thread, just thought I missed something. Speaking as some one who was fooled a time or 2 on pregnancy, I have to say that I don't think she is in foal.

I have looked at all the pics and read most of the thread, just thought I missed something. Speaking as some one who was fooled a time or 2 on pregnancy, I have to say that I don't think she is in foal.
For my learning experience because this is my first time dealing with a pregnant horse. Besides the lack of udder what makes you think shes not pregnant?

Updated pics from tonight. Her sides are sooo different looking from one another. Can their sides be different and it be their fat? Tried to get pics but not sure you can tell. Anyone see progression? Or does it look the same? She was rolling alot tonight, and for those wondering she does not have colic.

616 belly 2.JPG

616 belly.JPG

616 personal.JPG

So like the top two but at her level? I kind of forgot to do that their didnt I? I will do that in the morning.
default_smile.png

Yeah. How can that be a "fat" belly?

After 10 days without a phone line or the internet I'm back in operation - thank goodness! Cant wait to see the new pics but from those you have just posted she certainly looks as though 'something' is in there, but she's a bit of a mystery isn't she, bless her!

Shes got me just going batty. I just keep saying to myself there is no way thats a fat belly. But where is the udder? And where is the foal? LOL

Welcome back Anna C
default_smile.png

Pics of her belly from her level, tonight. Sorry shes kind of a mess. Took them real quick as the sun was going down.

617 belly 2.JPG

617 belly.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks pretty much the same....poor girlie! Is there any change in attitude or appetite?

She looks pretty much the same....poor girlie! Is there any change in attitude or appetite?
Pretty much the same as what? Im confused. Yes her appetite is very on and off. And she is acting very irritated and uncomfortable and moody. She really reminds me of a pregnant woman. Cranky. But it is getting pretty hot here. Im moody over it too. LOL

Without going back thru your thread . What do u know from her previous pregnancies ? Maybe she's going to leave that udder till the end . ??

She is confusing , but I agree with Anna , definitely looks as tho something's in there. Just need that udder to get moving . If your noticing changes in her eating & behaviour habits , and it's eleven months plus now , stay with her as these maybe the signs / patterns in which she foals . Whether she does/doesn't happen to have carried the full term she's a lucky mare to have someone that cares for her like u do .
default_smile.png

No one I talked to could tell me about her precious pregnancies. I did alot of research into talking to people that owned her when I first got her. One person had pics of some of her foals. But didnt remember anything more about her. But those foals were born like ten yrs ago. So I dont blame them

I am totally confused. I still say there is no way she isnt pregnant. Even the vet says that. But he also says only way to know for sure is to have a blood test.

I have an all day festival to go to with my kids tomorrow. I will be gone from 8 am to 11 pm. So I bet she will have it tomorrow. J/K. But I have someone gonna keep an eye on her just in case.

Aww thank you. I appreciate that. I have loved animals since I was born. I love this mare very much. She has my heart.

Hey, sorry I'm a little late to the party.... she is a tricky one to be sure... I need to look back at her histoy. have you upped her feed at all? has she got access to good grass or hay?

ok looking back at some of your pics she has that definite lopsidedness of a mare in foal...
this is an example of my mare, she is 270 days in foal... see the lopsidedness? one of the fun signs of a baby in there =D june 18 2014.JPG
(I'm going to get in trouble from the Auntie's now for this teaser photo of Suzie hehe )

have you been able to feel foal movement at all? put your hand just in front of her udder or on her flanks and you should feel movement
default_smile.png
especially at breakfast or dinner time :D or after she has gone for a race around the paddocks hehe

Last edited by a moderator:
Cassie......YES, you're in trouble now. So, you know how to fix it and stay out of trouble.....and you'd BETTER do it!
default_yes.gif

Latest posts

Back