Cryptorchid

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Donna

Reaction score
I bought a colt at a sale only to find that he was without all his packaging. We were going to geld him anyway, so it was no big deal, did not pay allot for him. We were told the surgery was a bit more in detailed since they would have to literally go in and find the other. We never expected it to cost around $1200 and then he got an infection, which they say is high risk because of the "searching" that may have to take place so then the overall cost ended up around $2000.

We were wondering what others have paid for this surgery. Our gelding went on to win the AMHR National Liberty Class. He also taught my grandson how to show, he was a good boy! Now he resides with a bunch of 4-H kids in NC. We miss him!

I had a cryptorchid and at the last minute the vet put him under and found that his other teste (sp) was

just above the unguinal ring.
default_aktion033.gif
Otherwise, I would have had to take him to Glendale and it would have

cost around 2300.00. This is in Arizona.

In the neighborhood of $850 in central Texas.

Jan

Donna, you might want to give Dr. Greg Schmidt at Keswick Equine, Gordonsville, VA 54-832-3030 a call. He has a reputation for being able to "normally" geld ones that other vets said were cyrptorchid.

I'm in New Mexico. My double cryptorchid requiring the vet to "go in to her elbows" to get them out cost almost $800. The single cryptorchid was $250.

I was quoted a minimum of !200 from my usual vet (this was for my POA). But I called around, got a quote of $400-600 (and knew someone who has used this vet and liked them) so I went with them. Luckily the retained testicle was really easy to find, so it actually cost less than quoted
default_smile.png

Jessi

Latest posts

Back