Cruddy Clipper Blades

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
I don't endorce Andis blades.

I spent the weekend clipping everyone.....me and Dan. Nasty job too......

The horses were bathed and clean and sprayed with show sheen first.

Anyhow I had four brand new size 10 Andis blades. We did 6 horses. The full monty. We kept the blades cooled off, changed them and cleaned them constantly and every blade went completely dull.

I sent them off to be sharpened. I love doing that because I always get them back sharper then when I buy them. But they didn't last at all.

I guess I'm going back to Osters.

bumping
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif
new_multi.gif

That sure sucks!

I usually get about four or five good full body clips out of one set of blades w/my Oster blades on my Double Ks.

Liz M.

Over the years I have seen this happen more than once. Not being knowledgeable regarding how its done I had little insite regarding the resharpening of clipper blades. But did run into a person who took the time to explain to me that it was possible to sharpen blades to cut and still not do a good job at resharpening them. The way it was explained is that if they were done at the wrong angle they would cut good at first but go dull extremely fast once the initial resharpened edge was used for just a short period of time. He must have known what he was talking about because he took care of my blades for several years before his death and I firmly believed that the blades came back from him sharper than they came from the factory.

Over the years I have seen this happen more than once. Not being knowledgeable regarding how its done I had little insite regarding the resharpening of clipper blades. But did run into a person who took the time to explain to me that it was possible to sharpen blades to cut and still not do a good job at resharpening them. The way it was explained is that if they were done at the wrong angle they would cut good at first but go dull extremely fast once the initial resharpened edge was used for just a short period of time. He must have known what he was talking about because he took care of my blades for several years before his death and I firmly believed that the blades came back from him sharper than they came from the factory.
Vic, this may seem like a silly question but what did they mean by "the wrong angle" I thought that the blades sat flat on the big sharpening wheel when they get sharpened???

Marty, my new best friends are Laube blades..they are sharper than Andis or Oster and less expensive also..
aktion033.gif

I have know Idea about angles etc. I just listened to what the man said and he made sense and sent me back sharp blades that cut for a long time.

I have know Idea about angles etc. I just listened to what the man said and he made sense and sent me back sharp blades that cut for a long time.
It does make sense I was just hoping to learn something...thanks for replying.

Hear Hear! Doesn't matter what I do, my blades always go dull on me. I have 4 sets of clippers. A big Daddy "Oster Clipmaster" that I use for backs and sides as it is so fast (weighs a ton) my new double K's with oster blades, a regular A5 Oster and a Wahl that a relative sent my daughter. My big problem is changing out the Oster Blades. I am such a klutz. I can get them off, but have a heck of a time getting those snap ons back on.

Latest posts

Back