critique

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

runamuk

Reaction score
I can take the heat......however it is my belief that height, sex, age, intended use have absolutely no part of a true critique of any horse of any breed....with that in mind this is an AMHA horse, so that is the standard it should be compared to.....and yes I know that you can only critique what you see in the pictures. I also know the halter is too big
wink.gif

turtle052001.jpg

turtle052002.jpg

turtle052005.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]I would like to know the age of this horse. Just by looks Im gyessing a long yearling or two year old.... I could be wrong. I like the head and eye the neck is a good length ties in a little low and could be cleaner in the throat latch with a bit more hook but that is just an esthetic choice like Nootka said in another post. Shoulder is a bit steep so he will move more like a sewing machine than reaching out in stride. He has a nice top line and croup and tail set. Would like to see more leg to make him more balanced. Hard to see how straight the back legs are.Hoof angle looks too steep in the front feet . A pleasant overall impression even in winter woolies [/SIZE]

Lyn

A pleasant overall impression even in winter woolies
JUST HAVE TO LAUGH THOSE PICS WERE TAKEN IN JUNE AND I HAD JUST SPENT 2 HOURS BODY CLIPPING WITH A 10 BLADE AND BATHING HIM
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
OK HIS AGE IS YEARLING BORN IN APRIL OF 2004

AFTER A FEW MORE CRITIQUES I JUST MIGHT POST A WINTER WOOLIES PIC
wink.gif

i will say this sex is a part of a critique. Somewhere in the rule book it says mares should look feminine and stallions masculine. This is a part of judging a horse. I have seen stallions that were gelded because they looked way too much like a mare
smile.gif

Well i know the sex, age and size of this horse so I have that advantage I would say the biggest or first thing that comes out to me is the neck set I am not all that fond of the neck set or the shoulder angle

a bit long but not at all like our (ravens) gelding foxy otherwise known as the snausage lol
biggrin.gif

Latest posts

Back