*~*Critique My Miniature Horses*~*

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RainDrops

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of my AMHA/AMHR fillies with info and pedigree attached. What do you think of them? Can you find a stallion that compliments their faults? Thank you so much!

new debby 308.JPG

rain.jpg

bre minis 2 168.JPG

Bre minis 001_crop.jpg

Bre minis 032.JPG

~Skymeadows Heavenly Silver Rain aka Rain she is black bay and 1 year old....sire isCelebrations Tennessee Titan (AMHA/AMHR) black bay height 33"... and dam is Samis Swizzle Stick (AMHA/AMHR) buckskin height N/A. I would like to know what you think of her breeding and conformation wise, I'm going to take conformation pictures of her today. I'm going to breed her in the future and want to know if you can find any AMHA/AMHR stallions that compliment her (im looking for a pinto), I'm planning on showing her this summer along with my other filly.

bre minis 2 160.JPG

Bre minis 027.JPG

Bre minis 025_crop.jpg

Bre minis 032.JPG

~Skymeadows Sierra Mistic Sun aka Sunny she is strawberry roan and also 1 year old (my fillies are a month apart, but Sunny is the older of the two)... sire is Westwind Farms Rollers Bonsai (AMHR)/ Flyin G's Rollers Bonsai (AMHA) chestnut roan appaloosa height 34"... and dam is Flyin Gs Blondie of Wolf Acres (AMHA/AMHR) palomino height N/A. I would also like to know what you think of her breeding and conformation wise, conformation pictures soon to come. I'm also going to breed her in the future and would like to find a stallion that would compliment her faults as well (preferable a roan but doesnt matter). I am also showing her this summer with her sister (not really sisters) as well.

Thank you!! :)

default_saludando.gif
Hi! I own Blondie. I'm excited to see pictures of Sunny. I'm no help with conformation but they are both cuties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you! Sorry for the pictures, she wasn't shaved all the way in them but i will try to get newer ones posted because shes all done. :)

Its hard to tell for the shots, could you get some pics of them sideways and squared up? That would make it easier!

They both are very cute!

The best conformation shots are one or two from the side with the head up a bit and legs more or less square and on flat level ground with hooves visible. A front and rear shot are helpful too.

The pictures you gave show nothing but nice, average horses....

I now own Sierra. She's 11 years old now, she's had several foals. She has given me 2 amazing colts and is in foal to a JHK Rock E Mr Candyman son for 2023. She also drives and is my best girl. I've owned her for 5 years.

Attachments

• IMG_20220613_183932.jpg
    IMG_20220613_183932.jpg
    419.3 KB · Views: 10
When I'm breeding, I really like to see the prospective parents in movement and find out what their disposition is like. Are they amiable, are they happy to go to work, meet you at the gate? What are their previous offspring like - if they have any? Or their relatives. For me, it's more than just this horse and that horse standing square and looking at angles. I've had LOVELY conformation mares come in for breeding that have nothing for movement. And lovely moving horses that are garbage to handle (that could be more of a lack of training situation too...)

And the other part is, what do you want to do with the foals? Showing, is that to be versatile enough for all classes? Driving, halter, jumping, obstacles, etc? I appreciate purpose breeding, not just for colour or markings.

Regardless, your girls look to be lovely little animals and I hope you find exactly what you're looking for. Best I can recommend is a brilliant young, black Shetland in Alberta - where I'm from.

Cheers!

In case someone else reads this a couple of times before realizing (like me):

This thread was originally started in 2012.

Our new member, Sam robs, posted an update to let us know that they now own Sierra, one of the OP's fillies. Welcome to our forum!!😁😁

It's nice to see how that filly matured into a balanced mare. How tall is she? I'm curious though. It looks like she's wearing shoes in the front. Is that correct? How'd you find tiny enough ones?

Thank you for clearing that up....I didn't get it either 😂 I was confused, I thought that picture looked like the roan filly, but much more filled out....I wasn't sure if she was a relative or what. I didn't even think to look at the dates ....
1657302909366.png
Sierra is gorgeous! Welcome!!

Latest posts

Back