Crimson Rose Training Journal

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today Bliss started on the beginnings of mat training. She wasn’t sure what to think of it at first, but warmed up quickly to the idea when she got a click and treat each time she showed interest or went closer to the mat. She progressed far enough to standing on the mat with both feet several times, including walking away and coming back to the mat. We also shortly reviewed treat manners, targeting, head down, back, and leading as usual. If you ever have any questions about my training, methods, or plans feel free to private message me! ❤️🌿😊

Attachments

• EF34EDC9-78D1-4641-8AE4-7CC2E096C7A8.jpeg
    EF34EDC9-78D1-4641-8AE4-7CC2E096C7A8.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
I am hoping to be getting back to training soon! We spent a week building a new pasture for Ella, and then a week at church camp so we are trying to catch up on everything. ❤️🐴🌲

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpeg
    IMG_0780.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0778.jpeg
    IMG_0778.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 0
Bliss got a sponge bath today, and did well with that, but was very energetic in general! LOL! We practiced our treat manners, stand, back, and walking as well, and she is definitely a bit rusty after her few week break from training. I am hoping on working completely at liberty in her pasture next on all of her foundation behaviors before starting agility training. I want to make sure that she is completely solid on those even at liberty. 🌤️🫠❤️

Attachments

• IMG_1335.jpeg
    IMG_1335.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1336.jpeg
    IMG_1336.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Ella says hello! She has been enjoying her new pasture very much! 🐴🌲🌳
Bliss and I had a few quick training sessions this week, that worked on baths, targeting, leading, backing, and also walking into and backing out of our shed in preparation for trailer loading. She did really well, and I forgot to take pictures. This heat is really getting to me. 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🫠

Attachments

• IMG_1406.jpeg
    IMG_1406.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1408.jpeg
    IMG_1408.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
Due to a very unexpected move across country, I am very sadly having to rehome Ella and Bliss. I am praying for them to find the best homes possible, and I am going to miss them very much. 😭
Oh no! Your heart must be breaking. You have done a great job with them. Prayers for them to fine a great home, with care and understanding.

Oh no! Your heart must be breaking. You have done a great job with them. Prayers for them to fine a great home, with care and understanding.
Thank you so much! It is very hard for me, but I have peace that it is the right thing to do. My husband and I will be moving 12+ hours away to start a church.

Ella has found a forever retirement home, and will be picked up next week. Bliss is still looking for a home. She has had a lot of interest, but no one committed yet. I am going to miss them so much 😭❤️🐴

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1728.jpeg
    IMG_1728.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 0
Ella has found a forever retirement home, and will be picked up next week. Bliss is still looking for a home. She has had a lot of interest, but no one committed yet. I am going to miss them so much 😭❤️🐴
I know that must be so hard and yet bittersweet that Ella has a forever retirement home. Will Bliss be alright by herself? If you need anything, even if it's just knowing that the right buyer will come along, feel free to get in touch! I am all too familiar with the many ways of butterfly buyers and tire kickers.

Bliss and I worked on trailer loading today, since we have a trailer here on borrow due to having to take Ella in to the vet yesterday for her health certificate and coggins. Bliss has only ever seen one trailer on the day we brought her home, and we had to resort to pushing her in. Using her targeting skills, I was able to get Bliss calmly on the trailer, calmly stand in it, and calmly back out within five minutes!! Targeting works for everything! I am so proud of Bliss! She is so very smart! We finished the session by reviewing her previous behaviors.
🥰😘🐴

Attachments

• IMG_1744.jpeg
    IMG_1744.jpeg
    388.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1735.jpeg
    IMG_1735.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
I know that must be so hard and yet bittersweet that Ella has a forever retirement home. Will Bliss be alright by herself? If you need anything, even if it's just knowing that the right buyer will come along, feel free to get in touch! I am all too familiar with the many ways of butterfly buyers and tire kickers.
Thank you! 🤗 Definitely bittersweet! Bliss has the company of my neighbor’s horses next to her while she waits on her new home. We separated both for weaning about two months ago. If you know of anyone looking please send her their way. I am willing to lower her price quite a bit to the right home!

Bliss also just left for her new home, as Ella’s new owner came back to get Bliss as well! They both will get to stay together, and Bliss will eventually train to be a trail driving horse for her new owner. I am so happy for both of them! Definitely bittersweet! 😭❤️🐴

Attachments

• IMG_1736.jpeg
    IMG_1736.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I really feel your sorrow. 😢 but I am so glad they will be together. What a blessing that they took both so they will be together. The Lord led them to good homes as He is directing you to yours. ❤️
I am so glad as well! Thank you so much for that reminder! The Lord definitely has a plan ❤️

That is absolutely wonderful they are staying together! I was so sad to hear your time with them had to come to an end, but your path will lead to wonderful things again. Be happy for the time you got to enlighten their lives and they enlightened yours, and definitely live vicariously though everyone here until (hopefully) your next minis!

Latest posts

Back