Cranky Monday Anyone?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RockRiverTiff

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in a regular "Cranky Monday" thread? I'm not trying to spread negativity, but I thought it might be fun to commiserate about little pet peeves and the weekly return to the daily grind.

Last edited by a moderator:
boy howdy, YES! this is our first day here since the other secretary is on at least 6 weeks medical leave. i've already found FOUR things she screwed up.
default_new_shocked.gif

i think every day for a while is gonna be MONDAY! :arg!

I thought I might hear from you Charlene! Aren't Mondays usually your day off though? I'm having work pains too. I have a client that can't send me even a short e-mail without contradicting themselves, so that I am never sure exactly what they want. I've tried to get them to clarify, but it's like they're always saying "Yes," while shaking their head "No." I've got another client that always sends e-mails in multiples...I've gotten the same e-mail four times today and once after I already replied to it! :DOH! At least today my gripes are something I can laugh at.
default_wink.png

My pet peeve are people who ask for opinions and help....then dismiss your advice and help...and not kindly.

Somedays I prefer to be with my animals.....

No pet peeves but not the best Monday on record.

This morning I had some laser surgery, again, on my right eye. Not Lasik or anythng cool, but to stop some leaking blood vessels. Got major double vision so probably not seeing good enough to proof read. Makes me feel actually sick to my stomach but I'm supposed to read, etc. to get it back. It's like the two eyes are not really corridnated right now and my eye lid is swollen so I look deformed (not exagerating). Supposedly, I will look normal tomorrow morning -- what an aspiration, to "look normal". The fact that I get to have this on my left eye next Wednesay gives me something to look forward to.

OH and I'm taking tylenol per the doctor and it's not safe to use that and have a drink when I've been wanting Mojitos since yesterday.

BUT H as always is stepping up taking me to the doctors, feeding the horses, bringing me drinks (non alcohol) etc. It could be way worse but I'd like to be able to see right
default_wacko.png

No real reason for crankiness today other than insufficient caffeine, but my inner cynic celebrates a more sardonic view of things -- nope, not negative, but no forced rose-colored glasses, either!

I have both the idiot clients AND assorted eye problems due to diabetic retinopathy, but buth the funny susanne and the b-itchy susanne live side by side, each feeding the other. The news junkie and the recluse, the leftie activist and the survivalist, the snooty artsy designer and the trailer trash all dance together in my crazy life.

So let's hear it for Cranky Monday!

Well, to start off, I'm teaching summer school!! What was I thinking when I signed up for that?!! Most days are fine, but the kids (high schoolers) must have partied and played video games all weekend, as they were NOT ready to focus today at all. Drives me nuts. They PAID for this credit because they were lazy and flunked during the school year, and darn if I'm going to give them any credit if they don't do every bit of the work I have for them. Generally, I like all these kids, but sometimes they drive me NUTS!! Good thing they pay me well and there are only 2 weeks to go!! Whoo hoo!!

Jayne

I'm hoping to get my cast off my foot tomorrow, as I've been 7 weeks in a wheelchair.
default_crybaby.gif
I've keep telling my Doctor that I refuse to have another cast put on. He tells me it'll be a walking boot for the next 6 weeks.
default_gaah.gif
default_gaah.gif
Those with diabetes please take care of your feet!! This has been a crappy 7 weeks with Arizona temps!! I keep thinking if I had taken better care this wouldn't have happened!!

I'll add :DOH! ,

I went to administer paste wormer to the "kids" today, and Honey spat a good bit of it into my face and mouth. Good thing I had a little extra to 'pay her back with',,ha-ha. Never knew that stuff tasted so nasty--Blech!!!
default_smileypuke.gif

My only gripe for this particular weekday is the lack of rain. It's getting crispy here again, and I wouldn't want a repeat of last year when we had that massive forest fire:

Pics/Video-(from last year of fire):

My Fire Album

(Click on the two links on the left of that page for photos/video).

I was back at physio today for my back....I was actually feeling pretty good, til I did some stuff I shouldn't have yesterday....
default_no.gif
You'd think I'd know better by now
default_unsure.png
And though yes, I feel somewhat better now than I did this morning, I don't feel as good as I did the last time I went.
default_sad.png
I hate having a sore back....not supposed to bend over, which means I shouldn't pick up the dogs....
default_unsure.png
this could take awhile!!
default_laugh.png

Got back from that, and got some interesting emails from the organizers of our Canadian National Corgi show that is taking place in a couple of weeks (I'm kind of on the show committee....that is if it counts that I only get email updates on what's going on and asked opinions on things that have already been decided
default_rolleyes.gif
)...just wish people would get along and not read into things what really isn't there..... *sigh*

It's 7:30 PM here and I have about 5 hours worth of work that I'd like to have finished for tomorrow....doesn't look like it's going to happen...especially if I don't get out of here! LOL

~kathryn

That's right guys--let it all out! Just remember that tomorrow is Tuesday, so you'll be expected to be tolerant again. And those of you trying to blame yourselves for your problems...
default_nono.gif
On Cranky Monday it's always someone else's fault.
default_wink.png

You've got that right, Tiff --

Cranky Monday IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!

Have I adjusted my attitude enough? Hehe, I feel better already...

It wasnt to bad ...

Dad was in Michigan all day today so i took advantage and cleaned / organized his barn. I recently took over his barn as i moved a few horses down there and really the only horse dad has down there is his one tennessee walker gelding. Dad's barn is so cluttered ...junk everywhere. Dad cannot throw away anything. Im like ..uhh dad what are you going to do with 15 buckets with wholes in them? Please ...tell me. THROW THEM AWAY!

I do not like cluttered messes. I like to be able to walk down the isle and not trip over crap, I like to have a neat clean barn. So i started this morning around 11am after a trip to TSC to buy some bucket straps, nails, ext ..new "modern" things for dad. He is just such a old time hillbilly, if any of you have met my father at the shows you know what im talking about, we are so much different in so many ways but we so enjoy the horses together
default_wub.png
. Im such a daddys girl
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

Anyway, i organized his tack room and feed room, clean the isle way and threw away some junk, got new buckets and bucket straps for the stalls, cleaned and organized the loft, took down all of the cob webs and moved some of my from "my" barn down to his barn. It looked like a whole new barn.

Dad will be home in the morning, he is in for the suprise of his lifetime when he goes out to feed in the morning (he will be home from MI late late tonight), luckly i will be at work
default_risa_suelos.gif
. He knew i was going to clean it up a bit and move some things around, i just dont think he thought i would go all out
default_smile.png

Then cleaned and re organized my barn. Are you seeing a trend here? I am an organization and neat freak, nothing aloud out of place.

It wasnt a cranky day ..just a long painful day and im feeling it this evening
default_wacko.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I suppose I can sit here and whine about our first tropical storm of the season. Cristobal turned out to be a big drip, 5 inches of rain on Saturday. It's hard to complain with much enthusiasm, though, 'cause it could have been much worse. Things are still a little dry from the drought last year, so the ground has soaked it all up already.
default_biggrin.png

You've got that right, Tiff --

Cranky Monday IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!!

Have I adjusted my attitude enough? Hehe, I feel better already...
That's fine Susanne. Since it is Cranky Monday, I in turn am going to blame all my petty problems on my parents. I haven't done that in about a decade, so I think they're due.

First phone call of the AM was that my "expensive" big horse got caught up in the tensile fence at the boarding stable where she is being trained and cut the heck out of her back legs. . .

happy MONDAY
default_wacko.png

My cranky Monday has spilled into Tuesday. My eyes have decided to coordinate with each other so I can see and look around without getting nauseous, however, my eyelid is all swollen and I look like a cyclops. So much for the aspiration to look normal, and so much for my 10am client appointment (which is not gonna happen...).

I kinda look like this --->
crazy.gif

I thought I might hear from you Charlene! Aren't Mondays usually your day off though? I'm having work pains too. I have a client that can't send me even a short e-mail without contradicting themselves, so that I am never sure exactly what they want. I've tried to get them to clarify, but it's like they're always saying "Yes," while shaking their head "No." I've got another client that always sends e-mails in multiples...I've gotten the same e-mail four times today and once after I already replied to it! :DOH! At least today my gripes are something I can laugh at.
default_wink.png
LOL you have me pegged!

yes, monday is my normal day off but i'm working 5 days/week until amy comes back. heard from her yesterday, the surgery went well and she'll be home on wednesday. the temp came in for just a few minutes yesterday, she will be back to work with me today. we'll see....

happy tuesday, everybody!!
default_aktion033.gif

Latest posts

Back