Crank phone calls on my cell phone

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sfmini

Reaction score
It started about two weeks ago, all hours of the day and night. 11 digit number, nobody there. After a few of these calls, I assigned the name butt and ring tone to none. He left a voice mail, but I deleted it, a foreign language. So, another few days go by, new phone call today from a new 11 digit number, another voice mail. All I can say is it was windy wherever he is. I saved this voice mail since I am flying to the AMHA meeting on Thursday and there are a lot of Somali cab drivers here in Columbus, maybe one could interpret for me....
default_wacko.png

I contacted Verizon when it started happening, I cannot block specific numbers, my only options were to press charges and get the phone records subpoenaed (like that would help) or I could change my phone number. I really don't want to do that, this number has been in the AMHA Miniature Horse World, website, my website, is my only phone number now that we don't use the landline. I am going to see if I can block international calls since the only international person I talk to is an ex boyfriend from Turkey and we ususally use Skpe.

My main worry is it is a new scam of some sort, or way to hijack my phone number or ???? Anybody hear of this?

I don't know of anyway anyone could hijack your phone number. I know there have been warnings about not pressing 9 or pound or whatever a caller may ask you to press, because by pressing the specified key you give the caller access to your phone line & he can use it to make a call somewhere at your expense--but I have no idea if that warning is valid or not, or if it's one of those hoax messages that go around from time to time. In any case, if you answer the call, just hang up, don't press any other keys, then you should be safe. Better still, with call display you know who is calling, so just don't answer the phone. Let it go to voice mail and then delete it without even bothering to listen to any message he may leave.

Better still, do make a complaint to your carrier and let them deal with it. It may not do any good if it is an out of country call, but as long as it doesn't cost you anything, make the complaint & let them deal with it, or try to deal with it. That's what I would do.

Sounds fishy.

I would call the man and ask him what the heck he wants, if he understands english all the better! Can your phone disregard certian numbers?

How FRUSTRATING!!
default_new_shocked.gif

Mabe call him 15 times a day!
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png
:DOH!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't block specific numbers, but I did just ask if I could block all international calls. I am ignoring the calls, no ring tone for that (now those) number(s). BUT, my phone does beep to let me know of missed calls. That is a problem for me at night when I am on call for work and HAVE to have my phone with me and turned on.

I am tempted to do what my Dad used to do, get a police whistle and blow his ears out. Problem is, at least when I first got the calls and was answering, the hangup was immediate.

I would just turn this over to the police, and hopefully they can help resolve for you. Or at the very least, hopefully they could have the VM translated for you so you would know if it's anything to be further concerned with or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
if it were an incountry call i'd say go for the sopena. I had a "stalker" (i call him that) that called me with very very perverted calls. I'm not a wussy girl but at one point he "told me what i was wearing" and it sounded rather close to what i was actually wearing. Kind of scared me and i went to the police station and demanded they do something. They really didn't want to said it was too much effort to get a sopena ect but my dad made the call to the phone company to find out what was needed the police officer made the call and they turned over records (ended up bveing far easier than the cops though). turns out this guy had been making phone calls to many local business's even and were able to track him down because of my phone records and who he was. He had quite a criminal record and went right back to jail for it!

I'm guessing where it's a out of country call probably not much authorities will do about it. I"ve had one call that came in A LOT last summer from one f the "islands" can't remember whichone it was. i'd pick up and you could hear people talking in the background but never anyone talking to me. it was almost like a kid called and left the phone off the hook. happend a lot. I'd get like 10 minute voice messages of nothing but background noise. they'd call at all hours. really ticked me off and i called back at one point and someone did answer..i told them they needed to STOP or i'd call the police..don't think that worked too well because it kept happening and that was before i relised it was an out of country number. anyhow they stopped eventually but it was annoying.

Is it possible this person could be a legit customer possibly for a horse or something and they just can't speak english? LOL

Latest posts

Back