Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've decided to learn how to needle felt. I ordered a kit from amazon but it won't be here until next month. If anyone has any felting tips or resources, I'd appreciate it.
Needle felting is lots of fun, but as a friend once said, make sure you have a recent tetanus shot! 😂 You will poke your finger at some point (no pun intended), no matter how careful you are. Start with 2D objects and get comfy with learning how to shape the projects by felting it more/less and work your way up to 3D. You can use pipe cleaners to make a more structured project. I’ll post a picture of some of our projects when I get a chance. (Getting ready for a three day horse show this weekend out of town!)

Needle felting is lots of fun, but as a friend once said, make sure you have a recent tetanus shot! 😂 You will poke your finger at some point (no pun intended), no matter how careful you are. Start with 2D objects and get comfy with learning how to shape the projects by felting it more/less and work your way up to 3D. You can use pipe cleaners to make a more structured project. I’ll post a picture of some of our projects when I get a chance. (Getting ready for a three day horse show this weekend out of town!)
Love to see them! Felting seems mysterious to me.

I liked the idea of sheep so that people would know what it was made from too. It's harder to make a sheep than I expected though. I fixed that one up a bit and tried something a little different.

Attachments

• trivet1.jpg
    trivet1.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
  • trivet2.jpg
    trivet2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0
That's very cool, though I keep thinking the smile is an upside down bat. I've been working on these trivets but I think I'm about over them. The problem is always what do I do with all this stuff after I make it?
Me too. I enjoyed the era of the craft show! It was a good outlet for creativeness, and opportunity to enjoy others' works.
Yes, looked like a bat to me also.

I like working with gourds. After cutting buttons out of the gourd body, the bell-shaped top looked interesting. So I tried some gourd bells. They are hanging in my shop space for the stain to dry.
Garden club is meeting at my house next month for a wreath-making session and these might be fun to use. Unfortunately, I don't have any more gourd tops left to play with, unless I sacrifice whole gourds.

Attachments

• gourd bells.jpg
    gourd bells.jpg
    514 KB · Views: 0
A friend gifted me with buttons from her family stash. I decided to make her a keepsake doll, using many of the buttons. The doll is stuffed with Oklahoma cotton.
Awesome. That's pretty creative!

Latest posts

Back