Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our entries were way down this year. Disappointing. Guess people just aren't doing the creating and hand work they used to. I entered all the crafted things I've made this year, including 4 hand made buttons. I did very well with ribbons, but it would have been nicer to have more competition in each category. The big surprise was my sock monkey--go figure!

Attachments

• fair monkey.jpg
    fair monkey.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 0
Our entries were way down this year. Disappointing. Guess people just aren't doing the creating and hand work they used to. I entered all the crafted things I've made this year, including 4 hand made buttons. I did very well with ribbons, but it would have been nicer to have more competition in each category. The big surprise was my sock monkey--go figure!
That is good to hear yo did so well. 😁

Here are my button and felt food entries. I entered the gourd seal in Fine Arts/Adult Acrylic. Not sure what was my competition, as the entry classes were not grouped together.

Attachments

• fair food.jpg
    fair food.jpg
    392.9 KB · Views: 0
  • fair buttons.jpg
    fair buttons.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 0
  • fair seal.jpg
    fair seal.jpg
    268.8 KB · Views: 0
Congratulations, Marsha! That is wonderful! Your work is beautiful and all awards are very deserved!

Does your county fair award small checks also?

Our county fair does, I’m not sure what the award for grand is, but the lesser ranks receive a check for around $4. ;)

It’s a fun little perk and hubby and I have used it toward ice cream.🍦 😊

Congratulations, Marsha! That is wonderful! Your work is beautiful and all awards are very deserved!

Does your county fair award small checks also?

Our county fair does, I’m not sure what the award for grand is, but the lesser ranks receive a check for around $4. ;)

It’s a fun little perk and hubby and I have used it toward ice cream.🍦 😊
Yes. I made $85. I bought some hay.

@Edelweiss beautiful! Did you free hand the letters? 😍
Thank you. No, for the horse and letters I designed a vinyl stencil. It takes quite a bit of time to paint as the vinyl is temporary so you can't just slap on the paint anywhere or it will bleed underneath. Next time I will try customizing the horse with more details, but this horse happens to be almost all black and you can't see his eyes for all that hair, lol, so I left him a silhouette.

I grew heirloom pod corn this year for the first time, just for autumn decorating. It is in an antique family trug. Didn't grow the bittersweet; I tried it but it only lasted a couple of years in Oklahoma then died. I will use this for some autumn greeting cards.

Attachments

• pod corn trug.jpg
    pod corn trug.jpg
    426.6 KB · Views: 2
I've decided to learn how to needle felt. I ordered a kit from amazon but it won't be here until next month. If anyone has any felting tips or resources, I'd appreciate it.

I've decided to learn how to needle felt. I ordered a kit from amazon but it won't be here until next month. If anyone has any felting tips or resources, I'd appreciate it.
That is such a popular craft right now! I don't do it myself, but I have some things: a tiny squirrel and a bee picture. It looks fascinating.

Latest posts

Back