Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How did you bead a zipper?
Half of the zipper attached to the side of the button, then just bead along the edge. The zipper is a vintage, very soft and fine one. Not sure such zippers are even made any more. I threw the other half away--maybe I should save it in case I want to do something like this again.beaded capitol side.jpg

I am a button collector, so I am always on the lookout for ways to store or display. I cross stitched the Greek Key design on perforated paper to use with my buttons. Then I found a frame that seemed perfect. I thought the Greek Key would be easy to cross stitch, but it wasn't. I tried stitching each arm; then tried going across; then ended up going down. Perforated paper is not very forgiving when one has to take the stitching out frequently! Framed Greek Keys.jpg

The table runner is lovely, Chanda. I know you stated ‘Fall’, but it has a Christmas feel too, I think, with the red and soft green!

Marsha, your buttons are creative and attractive. The framing is beautiful.You must be a very patient lady!

I am a button collector, so I am always on the lookout for ways to store or display. I cross stitched the Greek Key design on perforated paper to use with my buttons. Then I found a frame that seemed perfect. I thought the Greek Key would be easy to cross stitch, but it wasn't. I tried stitching each arm; then tried going across; then ended up going down. Perforated paper is not very forgiving when one has to take the stitching out frequently!
That is a beautiful frame of buttons looking pretty much like precious medals and gems. You must have thousands of buttons in your stash?

That is a beautiful frame of buttons looking pretty much like precious medals and gems. You must have thousands of buttons in your stash?
Most Greek Key buttons are pretty ordinary. It was a very common theme in Victorian times. But they are very attractive. I might have a thousand buttons. I've been collecting for more than 30 years. They don't take up a lot of room and they give me a lot of pleasure. Hopefully they will also be an investment.

Latest posts

Back