Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't taken a complete picture yet, but just finished my niece's graduation gift. Hoping she won't see it here, I"m sure she's not a member, and it's not like FB where something might cross your feed... The backing is grey, white and black music themed fabric.

Attachments

• 2022 - morgan's quilt - border trial 1d.jpg
    2022 - morgan's quilt - border trial 1d.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 3
  • 2022 - morgan's quilt - border trial 1b.jpg
    2022 - morgan's quilt - border trial 1b.jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 3
I don't think I've posted this baby quilt I whipped up for a dear friend's first grandchild.
It wasn't quite finished here, I think I still had to quilt it and bind it (might have been just binding).

Attachments

• 2022 - sara's grandbaby quilt - almost finished.jpg
    2022 - sara's grandbaby quilt - almost finished.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 3
I haven't taken a complete picture yet, but just finished my niece's graduation gift. Hoping she won't see it here, I"m sure she's not a member, and it's not like FB where something might cross your feed... The backing is grey, white and black music themed fabric.
Beautiful. You have such an eye for color.

I love those daffodils!!

As far as what I've done, I have a bunch of things in bins, tucked away in the barn. Mostly wreaths, but a few other odds and ends too.

For the tutu challenge, if I tried that on my cat Simona, I believe she might rip my arms off. 😂
20220406_193959.jpg
I'll ask the dogs what they think about it.

Beautiful. You have such an eye for color.
What cute fabric! She will love it.
Thank you, I appreciate it.
The baby quilt 3 of the fabrics were a coordinating group, I added the red for a pop of color.
The grad gift quilt was just pulling fabrics I liked, after I found the focus fabric. I got the focus and the two border fabrics at the same time, and a couple days later picked up the other two fabrics off the sale rack, hoping they would go, and they did.

I love those daffodils!!

As far as what I've done, I have a bunch of things in bins, tucked away in the barn. Mostly wreaths, but a few other odds and ends too.

For the tutu challenge, if I tried that on my cat Simona, I believe she might rip my arms off. 😂
View attachment 46653
I'll ask the dogs what they think about it.
They would probably say, "Go for it, Simona will like it, just not me"
🤣

Your quilts are beautiful, chandab! Your color choices are lovely. The Spring like colors of the baby quilt with the pop of red is very cheerful and the soft colors of your niece’s are perfect. With the music theme back she must be a music lover!

I’m late to respond but love the tutu and the daffodils, Kelly! I actually thought you would each wear a tutu…a good look! 👍

Your quilts are beautiful, chandab! Your color choices are lovely. The Spring like colors of the baby quilt with the pop of red is very cheerful and the soft colors of your niece’s are perfect. With the music theme back she must be a music lover!

I’m late to respond but love the tutu and the daffodils, Kelly! I actually thought you would each wear a tutu…a good look! 👍
Maryflora, I agree with you, they both would look cute in the tutu!

Thank you. Theater first, then music, but I couldn't find theater themed fabric I liked (she doesn't care for movies, she likes stage theater). The quilt label has the comedy/tragedy masks embroidered on it.

My first attempt at machine applique on the banner. It's just pinned on. I was thinking it took away from the pioneer wagon look, but since they are patriotic parades, I thought it was appropriate. I have an old wooden box that will go under the seat to hold a graniteware coffeepot and some dried gourds. Yes, a washboard on there. Can you think of anything else that might work?
I thought of putting a gunny sack under the saddle. Do you think that would be too uncomfortable for Dapper Dan?
The hoops are pvc. I used a queen sheet, but a painter's cloth would probably look better. The pvc is zip tied to the cart. 10' length for the back and 11' for the front. (Did you know that 1/2" pvc is now $1 a foot?!) My husband installed a stick in the middle to keep the hoops apart. He wanted it to sag more but I liked it more taut. He made the lantern holder, which fits into my flag holder. Everything will be securely wired on.
I'd rather use Midnight, as she looks more pioneerish, but she is not a parade horse.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back