Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since he has thinset, will he be okay to put outdoors?
Yes, he will be outdoor safe. The thinset and the glass tiles/eyes won't be damaged by the weather.

Is it a diamond python?
I was originally thinking of a water snake when I made him, but as I adding so much bulk with the thinset, he does look more like a python. I wish I had thought of that when I painted the eyes.

Marsha, your granddaughter's embroidery is adorable. It's so nice she has you to inspire her.

I am into leatherworking, and have been for about two years now, but I haven't done much the past ten-ish months. I inherited my grandfathers tools though, so I decided to start up a new project; a series of leather halters for Sodapop!

This is the first noseband I've made, it took roughly five hours to do, mainly due to hand stitching with needles lol.

1644200503008.png

1644200595341.png

I dyed and have this one to match a toy saddle I got for her to wear for giggles and photos- the saddle weighs as much as her vest, so I'm not worried about weight at all lol.
(don't mind the boxes; it's all leather working supplies I inherited and have out working on the halter!)

1644200748082.png

I am into leatherworking, and have been for about two years now, but I haven't done much the past ten-ish months. I inherited my grandfathers tools though, so I decided to start up a new project; a series of leather halters for Sodapop!

This is the first noseband I've made, it took roughly five hours to do, mainly due to hand stitching with needles lol.

View attachment 46004

View attachment 46005

I dyed and have this one to match a toy saddle I got for her to wear for giggles and photos- the saddle weighs as much as her vest, so I'm not worried about weight at all lol.
(don't mind the boxes; it's all leather working supplies I inherited and have out working on the halter!)

View attachment 46006
I could smell that nice leather aroma! Very nice!

ServiceMini that saddle is adorable and kudos to you on your leather work. How very cool to have inherited tools from your grandfather.
And MaryFlora, apologies, I forgot to say how big the snake was, and yes he will be in the garden. The sculpture is just over 21" and if he could straighten out, he'd be about 25". I decided to give him some belly scales.
IMG_0329_LI.jpg

Last edited:
Is that snake different from your previous post? It's still nice though.

ServiceMini, your leather work is beautiful! Inheriting family tools and using them is a wonderful thing!

Thanks, Dragon Hill! He is just the coolest snake and 21” is a perfect size to use in your house or garden.

Our teenaged granddaughter loves reptiles and has a lizard. Did you know World Snake Day is July 16? I didn't’! 😂

Is that snake different from your previous post?

Same snake, just the bottom side. I decided to see if I could add detail to the thinset.
MaryFlora, I guess I should have known there was a World Snake Day 🤣 I used to keep snakes and take some in for rehab/release. I've kept lizards for many years, but only have one now. He is a Rhinoceros Iguana I've had since 2014.

I’m not sure if this counts as crafting or not, but I created some photo coasters and ordered them from vistaprint. They come in a set of 4. The coaster is on a white towel so you can see it better. I think they turned out pretty cute!

4272D498-898C-481F-B0D1-62CE6ED86CBB.jpeg
Top left: Riffics
Top right: Stormy
Bottom left: Thunder
Bottom right: Breezy

Latest posts

Back