Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Beautiful work and I’ve loved your toadstool phase! Your horses are excellent and so charming!

The apron is darling! To get that 3D look, would it work to cut out and applique another mane piece over the top of the first mane with a bit of stuffing? It’s been years since I did any appliqué so don’t remember how it all works together anymore!

It is great just the way it is!
Oh, good idea to add more mane on top. It is backed with brown fabric, but I might be able to add the extra mane without taking apart. Maybe use a different color, like the brown from the back?

I think brown would be pretty with your soft color tones and pinto pony. Once in awhile I see a tri-color pinto pony and always think how pretty they are!

You are a very prolific and versatile artist. Did you take art in school?

I think brown would be pretty with your soft color tones and pinto pony. Once in awhile I see a tri-color pinto pony and always think how pretty they are!

You are a very prolific and versatile artist. Did you take art in school?
No. Sewing in Home Ec. Just like to be creative. My first love is writing; I am editor of our state button society newsletter. I would like to take a class sometime on maximizing Photoshop, as I use a lot of graphics in the newsletter. Thank you for the kind words.

I am so impressed with all your creations! With two small kids, doctor husband, 1 mini, 2 incapacitated dogs, 3 noisy escape artist chickens plus moving house +++ I feel it’s impossible to get anything done that requires focus and extra energy!! But I am loving so much seeing what you guys are doing! One day... 🤞🏼🌱

A couple of years ago my granddaughter embroidered this piece for me. Covid came and I didn't have a chance to get to the framing store. I asked the framer to assemble it so the back can be seen also, as I think it is so charming. Have not picked it up yet, but framer sent me pictures. The granddaughter had no one to help her; she figured out the pattern all by herself.

Attachments

• penelope's embroidery.jpg
    penelope's embroidery.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 12
The button society was really interesting, Marsha, and the buttons totally charming. They are tiny windows to history aren’t they? Being editor must take some serious time but also be very satisfying for you.

Many of us may remember a button jar belonging to our mom or grandmother. I wish I could go back and see those buttons again!

Your granddaughter’s work is adorable! She must be so proud Grandma framed her work! 🤗

Embroidered another toadstool scene for a pot holder. I think I finally am recovering from the toadstool phase.
Here is an apron I made. The horse is appliqued and I tried to make it a pinto using white crayon, which is ironed and made permanent. It is from a pattern I used to make dimensional horses for my wall. I didn't know how to make the mane on the apron dimentional. I thought of using fringe but I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to washing. So, I'm not totally happy with the mane on the apron. View attachment 45877View attachment 45878View attachment 45880
Love the little horse on the apron, it looks like Cappy!

Beautiful work and I’ve loved your toadstool phase! Your horses are excellent and so charming!

The apron is darling! To get that 3D look, would it work to cut out and applique another mane piece over the top of the first mane with a bit of stuffing? It’s been years since I did any appliqué so don’t remember how it all works together anymore!

It is great just the way it is!
I put another two pieces of mane on and it looks much better. Thanks for the idea.

Latest posts

Back