Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don't know why I've become so interesting in crafting toadstool things! I've made a few the last couple of days. The red velvet one is before i tea stained. Since they are stuffed with my homegrown cotton, I'm thinking they absorb too much stain, even though I only used a weak solution. I like the way the stalks look as though they have just been pulled from the dirt, but I don't really like the way the whole toadstool stained. Anyway, I'm having fun with them, especially during these sub freezing days. I'll keep trying.velvet toadstool.jpgtoadstools.jpg

Embroidered another toadstool scene for a pot holder. I think I finally am recovering from the toadstool phase.
Here is an apron I made. The horse is appliqued and I tried to make it a pinto using white crayon, which is ironed and made permanent. It is from a pattern I used to make dimensional horses for my wall. I didn't know how to make the mane on the apron dimentional. I thought of using fringe but I was afraid it wouldn't hold up to washing. So, I'm not totally happy with the mane on the apron. potholder.jpghorse apron.jpgpainted horses.jpg

Beautiful work and I’ve loved your toadstool phase! Your horses are excellent and so charming!

The apron is darling! To get that 3D look, would it work to cut out and applique another mane piece over the top of the first mane with a bit of stuffing? It’s been years since I did any appliqué so don’t remember how it all works together anymore!

It is great just the way it is!

Y’all inspired me to make Thunder a blanket! I painted the letters on and hot glued the circle to the fabric. Thanks for the tips!!

Thunder is a one woman kinda horse and doesn’t really enjoy being petted when we are out running errands. He tries his hardest to avoid contact from people by hiding behind me!!

BA7D60FE-5C77-4D12-94C9-F3668867FFBC.jpeg

Can you think of other sassy & silly little sayings for his next blanket??

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Back