Crafting in 2022

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello - I am still kind a new here. I have been crafting and creating art my whole life, but currently my family is living at my family's old home place with my dad, while our own house is being flipped so we can sell it and build on the family property... which means right now I have no crafting or sewing room. :( Makes for a kind of sad mom. The only "crafting" I can really pull off at all are my art cakes, because I can use the kitchen well enough. SO I guess I'll just share some of the things I had done before. These are my three kids in costumes I had made here and there in the past. The only things here I didn't make were the 2 wigs (though I did add the red skullcap to the Hellboy wig) and the shoes/boots. The rest was all handmade. I love Halloween and Christmas. I also like to do custom western shirts, and miscellaneous other crafts, as well as painting and drawing. I also teach Paint Your Pet at Painting with a Twist as well. My "regular job" is graphic artist for a screen printing and embroidery company.

Attachments

• Luke Hellboy.jpg
    Luke Hellboy.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Kat Marie Antoinette.jpg
    Kat Marie Antoinette.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 0
  • Erich Napoleon.jpg
    Erich Napoleon.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 0
Reminds me - I was thinking some day of doing some really large "fast food" things that could be used as beanbag chairs, ottomans, pillows, whatever. I think a towering cheeseburger footrest would be fun in a game room or something.
Wow, you are ambitious. Interesting to ponder what kind of fabrics to use.

I made Chaos an Arabian style halter since my friend is gonna take pictures for me tomorrow. Didn’t really know what I was doing and I think I should have dropped the noseband an inch. It is not adjustable. Paracord, plastic beads, some sew on trim, and canvas ribbon. The poll has the thicker ribbon above the top beads. F7186CBC-E288-40D6-BF47-E63A5075DD24.jpeg

Attachments

• D3699B59-45FD-4212-9F1A-B86F9073D53C.jpeg
    D3699B59-45FD-4212-9F1A-B86F9073D53C.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 0
I made Chaos an Arabian style halter since my friend is gonna take pictures for me tomorrow. Didn’t really know what I was doing and I think I should have dropped the noseband an inch. It is not adjustable. Paracord, plastic beads, some sew on trim, and canvas ribbon. The poll has the thicker ribbon above the top beads. View attachment 47949
That is beautiful, precision work! Very nice indeed!

Thanks! I really wanted purple, but these were the only large hole beads I could find. I am not sure how the cable halters are actually constructed, but they are so pricy! This one cost $10 in materials.
When you go into business making these, maybe you can find a bead supplier!

I made Chaos an Arabian style halter since my friend is gonna take pictures for me tomorrow. Didn’t really know what I was doing and I think I should have dropped the noseband an inch. It is not adjustable. Paracord, plastic beads, some sew on trim, and canvas ribbon. The poll has the thicker ribbon above the top beads. View attachment 47949
This is cute! I've seen the "traditional" halters made from basically braided steel "picture hanging" wire, clamped and soldered in place, with a tube of the colored "cable shrink wrap", like computer gaming machine builders use, to color the cable. You just have to have the cable run through the tube before the assembling the halter... this kind of stuff

https://www.amazon.com/Heat-Shrink-...able+shrink+wrap+tubing,industrial,85&sr=1-10

Latest posts

Back