Cowboy Classic at Stillwater, OK

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cretahillsgal

Reaction score
I was just curious how the show went. I reallllly wanted to go but just couldn't afford it.
default_no.gif

I heard it was a great show. Nice, clean facility. I didnt get to go either. Redrock & Reflections went and did very well! I'm sure they will post when they can. We are getting ready for a photo shoot here this week and it's taking everyone's time to get ready!
default_new_shocked.gif

Viki

The show was great, the weather was good....mild temps. I love the stalls! And the bathrooms are AIRCONDITIONED!
default_aktion033.gif
default_biggrin.png

Entries are going up with every show there and our little horses did well in some very tough competition. Alliance, Pearson, Yung, Lambert....to name a few.

More later. I'm beat. Just finished bathing 7 show horses and have 6 foals still to do. Photo shoot starts tomorrow night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll NEVER be ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Charlotte

It was a great show!
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
And as Charlotte said, some very tough competition! Entries were up as well as numbers of horses. I love the stalls there as the horses could see out. That was a real bonus for my little 27" mare who was terrified being at her first show, but having horse company she could see helped a lot. And the air conditioned bathrooms are a blessing in the hot summer.

The Friday night pizza party was great and the homeade cookies were, well, YUM!
default_biggrin.png

Even the performance entries were up at this show! And the arena is GREAT for driving. They pack it down just right, no rocks or clumps, etc. In addition to the pizza party, there was an ice cream social for the kids and they each got a goodie bag!

I only took my performance horse for halter this time, in a last ditch effort to get him qualified in halter which is a requirement to go for Super Ammy at World. I'm happy to say we made it! World, here we come!
default_aktion033.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
We were at the show just watching. The breeder (Jerry Horn - Crosswinds) that we bought our Image from had 7 or 8 horses that he was showing or had shown including our little Image's sire's first show driving (Reece's Irish Hawk). We actually got to help clip three of the horses he showed.

I briefly got to meet Charlotte (Hi!) as she is training one of Jerry's little mares.

There were some beautiful horses there. It was our first time to see some of the other classes - we had only seen a halter class one other time. Driving look like so much fun, as does liberty. We missed the obstacle at halter, but that is another one we are really interested in teaching out little guy.

Chimacum Tack was there and we finally got to buy some fun things for Image including a camo halter/lead, fly mask, tail sock, and sheet.

I can understand how owning minis is addicting. I could see myself owning more than one if I only had the land and didn't have to board.

Julie

CONGRATS to everyone who showed! I have been in the expo center before and knew it would be a nice show.

Oh how I wish that I could have come up there to meet you guys! I graduated from OSU as well and miss Stillwater. Just being able to be in town and reminise would have been fun!

I also need a few mini items and don't want to pay shipping for. Sounds like I could have gotten them there.

And I have 3 horses that I want to show. Have never shown myself and I figured that a local show would have been a great place to start. Maybe next year. I feel like I am letting my horses down by not taking them to be shown. I just can't afford the gas, hotel and meals right now.

Latest posts

Back