covered salt / mineral block holder

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

susanne

dB
Reaction score
I've yet to come up with a great solution for one corral/dry lot that has run-in tarp shelters without wooden walls.

I currently put the block in a shallow feeding dish, but, as you can imagine, they don't last long with Oregon weather and a filly who pees wherever she feels like.

I keep thinking there must be something already on the market for this...something that would attach to cattle panels or wire fencing and keep it somewhat protected from rain and, er, "other" liquids.

Any ideas?

Just off the top of my head, and please understand that I have not taken the time to think out any issues that it might have but....How about a 5 gallon bucket with a hole in the side and a lid on it so the lid is a roof and the salt can sit in the bottom of the bucket. Like I said I haven't worked out anything it just popped into my head. I think you'd want to remove the bail and fasten the bucket another way so the re would be no risk of injury from the horse hanging up on it. Also you'd want to drill some holes in the bottom of the bucket so water could drain away when it did get inside.

Susanne this is so easy I can't believe you haven't thought of it.
default_mlala.gif

Put the salt block on one of your nice dinner plates and set it on an end table close to your couch. That way this winter when they are finished laying around on the sofa watching cartoons they can get a good lick of the salt. Place a water bucket right on the floor next to the end table so they can then get a drink. Obtain some form of a blocking control as to what shows they watch as some cartoons can quite bad and you don't want them leaping off your furniture pretending they are fighting some alien enemy and breaking up your furniture.

This is very important close the door to the music studio so when you are trying to work you aren't listening to Flash playing Keith's guitar and doing all the head banging that the great rock stars are so well known for.

I promise I will keep the gates at home well secured so Duckie and Koda don't show up to join your group as that would be very very bad for you. TRUST ME Not good!

[SIZE=18pt]Flash and his Tin Cabin Equi-Rock Band coming soon to a city near you. Featuring Flash on Guitar, Scartlet on Tamborine, Mingus on drums and thelonious playing key board. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=24pt]CD available soon at a music store near you [/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back