Couple Questions Re Mini Foaling

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was listening to a pod cast by a repo vet, she said her favorite lube was vasaline, if you can get some. Iodine I don't think would work but maybe sudsing up really well with soap? I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Banamine is only available by Rx but if you call your vet you should be able to pick up a tube of banamine paste. Max dose 1 line/100lbs, put it on your finger and pop it in her cheek. I keep thinking if I have everything ready in case of a problem it's going to be fine but still panicking.

I already have Banamine. We had a horse who colicked every 3 weeks who turned out to have ovarian cancer. She had surgery, and praise God she's fine! I'm sure I can find some vasaline but have no idea how old it is. I have spray vetricin. Wonder if that would work mixed with vasaline. Praying I won't need it.

Just went out to check Sally's milk. She has bagged up quite a bit. Can even see the bags from the back. Her milk on Maybe Baby tested at 6.8.IMG_20200501_161453.jpg IMG_20200501_161453.jpg IMG_20200501_161510.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20200501_132051.jpg
    IMG_20200501_132051.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 2
Oh she's getting closer:).
What a great story about your mare, and what a lucky girl to have you looking after her!! Thank you for that smile.

Latest posts

Back