Could you all spare some thoughts/prayers for our little appy boy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll take that as terrific news!!

default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_new_multi.gif
default_488.gif

Just got home from work, I work 12 hour days and didn't have access to a computer or I would have updated earlier..
Anyway, here's the updates from today:

This morning's update was that he made it through the night without colicing.. Had one "ok" poop this morning but the vet wasn't satisfied with it, wanted to see more, so they went ahead and oiled him again.. Also said he was nursing 'ok' and was a little down/depressed, which worried me because that is definitely not our TJ who is full of life and energetic, but they said it was more than likely due to the stress/meds..

They called a little bit before I got home tonight at 6 and said that he is doing much better.. Had two really good poops, was alert and more energetic, nursing great, gut sounded fine and wanted to play
default_wub.png
.. They're keeping him tonight just in case and it looks like if he makes it through the night with no set-backs then he'll be coming home tomorrow... *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the prayers/thoughts/support.. Was really scared there, still am since he's not home yet..
default_sad.png
That's wonderful
default_smile.png
)))

~Sandy

Yes, I know you won't breath easy til he's home........but it IS good news!

Now to figure out WHY he acted this way.........

Now to figure out WHY he acted this way.........
No idea.. Nothing had changed, feed/hay was the same (and all the other mares/foals are on it too, so if that was bad wouldn't we have other "sick" horses?)... Someone brought up heat, yes it's been hot, but they all have access to shade trees, barn with fan, and 3 places for water (barn, dry lot and pasture which they have access too).. He was fine the night before, had been out playing with the other two colts all day, came in with his dam for dinner, ate his grain, nursed while I was up there, and when I left was munching on hay with mom.. So whatever caused it happened over night, and makes me wonder if it really was 'just' gas colic like the vets were originally thinking..

Poor little guy (and poor you with all the stress of this situation)!!

I am so glad to hear he had a better day and hope that is the end of his troubles.

Yikes, I miss a couple of days on here and look what happens! I sure hope your colt is ok and can come home tomorrow. It is so scary with these little guys, and even worse when you can't be there!!

Hugs, take a deep breath- sounds like he is in very good hands and is getting lots of attention too! Keep us posted!

I'm glad to read he is doing better. I'll say a prayer that he continues to improve and comes home tomorrow.

I hope the little guy is doing well today.... My thoughts are with you... Take care..

Our little guy is home!!!! Still not 100% himself but that's to be expected until he settles back into home.. Mom said his two buddies met him at the gate and the three amigos were reunited again
default_wub.png

Lucky C - that is good news!
hapydancsmil.gif

Getting back to his friends and familiar surroundings will give him the boost he needs!

Latest posts

Back