Could you all spare some thoughts/prayers for our little appy boy?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have my prayers! He will be just fine I know.................

Bless you all,

B

Prayers sent your way for your precious baby boy!! That he gets home to you and your family soon!!
default_smile.png

I hope tomorrow brings you realy good news on your pretty little one. Please keep in mind ulcers as a possible problem because they can present just like what you describe. Then again, maybe it's a colic related to the heat? Are y'all having really hot humid weather like Oklahoma is right now?

Your boy will be in my prayers tonight.

Charlotte

I hope the morning finds your little boy MUCH better!

Viki

Sending prayers your way from Hewitt, Texas.
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif
default_pray.gif

He was acting colicky this morning on mom/dad, they called the local OSU branch and they advised them to go ahead and take him down to main campus just in case he needed surgery, so at 12:15 they headed that way.. I was at work and got a voice mail from the vets office right as I was going to lunch, first said that they had gotten a call from us regarding a colicing colt and to go ahead and bring him to the office, scared the crap out of me cause I had no idea and at first was thinking they got the wrong number until I got a second voice mail saying that the one doctor went ahead and called down to the University and that we were to take both mare and foal down there, so frantic
default_new_shocked.gif
as you can imagine I start calling home/cell phones, finally got ahold of my grandma who let my mom know I was getting the phone calls and was freaking out, so she called me and let me know what was going on... They ultrasounded him, iv'd him etc etc and when mom/dad left (FOUR hours later) and stopped by my work on their way home to let me know, he was doing better but they kept him and mom overnight.. Guess the vets just called a little before 6 before I got home from work and he colicked again
default_no.gif
I'm terrified, I've already lost one horse to colic (my first mini mare) and my heart is breaking for my little guy, he's only 2 months old
default_sad.png

So if you can spare some thoughts/prayers
default_pray.gif
that he pulls through this I'd really appreciate it
default_please.gif

102_3583.jpg

I'm so sorry your little boy is sick. I hope he gets better soon and come home. I know how worried you must be. Hang in there. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Oh, my
default_no.gif
I am praying for your baby.. I know how scary it is to go threw a colic.. I almost lost my Posie due to colic..Please, please Dear Lord let this little one make a fast recovery..Please due keep us updated!!
default_unsure.png

Praying that your little one can pass whatever is upsetting his tummy and that he will be home really soon. He sure is a cute one!

I will never forget the year that one of our babies ate some of his mama's tail. Needless to say it was not a good thing - after two seperate colic surgeries and staph he did make it and is still a very happy boy at age seven.
default_wink.png

So sorry your little one is feeling poorly! Having just had my baby in the hospital I know how worrisome it can be. I will be praying for you little guy. He is a beauty!

Just wondering how your little colt is doing? I sure hope today brings good news for both of you. Hang in there Cristina, better days are coming.
default_cheekkiss.gif

Just got home from work, I work 12 hour days and didn't have access to a computer or I would have updated earlier..

Anyway, here's the updates from today:

This morning's update was that he made it through the night without colicing.. Had one "ok" poop this morning but the vet wasn't satisfied with it, wanted to see more, so they went ahead and oiled him again.. Also said he was nursing 'ok' and was a little down/depressed, which worried me because that is definitely not our TJ who is full of life and energetic, but they said it was more than likely due to the stress/meds..

They called a little bit before I got home tonight at 6 and said that he is doing much better.. Had two really good poops, was alert and more energetic, nursing great, gut sounded fine and wanted to play
default_wub.png
.. They're keeping him tonight just in case and it looks like if he makes it through the night with no set-backs then he'll be coming home tomorrow... *fingers crossed*

Thanks for the prayers/thoughts/support.. Was really scared there, still am since he's not home yet..
default_sad.png

Latest posts

Back