Could you all give me some ideas for a healthy preschool snack?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Thanks in advance!!! I'm just not a snack person so I'm not sure what to bring for these little ones. The tracher did say not to worry about allergys because the parent of the allergic child will have a snack for them. So I'd love some ideas! Please!

Thanks again!!!!!

Leya

What age preschool? 1-2 or 3 and over? I have a 2yr almost 3 and 4 almost 5yr old. Fruit (apples, bananas, mandarin oranges, pears, peaches), graham crackers, graham cracker with peanut butter sandwhiches. There are these yogurts in the tubes call go-gurt, my kids Love them, you can get them with no artificial flavors and colors also. What I do for juice is I take some Capri Sun's open them up and put them in ice cube trays and make ice cubes out of it, then I put that into water, they get flavored water and not so much juice. For the older ones, you could do grapes and raisins, but I wouldn't for the younger ones.

Karen

Take some apples and cut them up like french fries. Lay them out on a cookie sheet and bake until tender but not mushy. Then roll them in a little sugar/cinnamon mixture but not too heavy on the sugar. You could then put them in a small cardboard cup or something like that. Wah Lah you have apple fries.

There is always ants on a log, Celery stuffed with peanut butter and raisins on top. Shortpig and my daughter always loved those.

However piggies don't necessarily like to share.
default_no.gif

Can the snack be interactive? My grandson loves putting peanut butter on a cracker then adding toppings. Could you use popsicle sticks with a blob of peanut butter on a plate for each child and have a little buffet with toppings?

Mini chocolate chips, cake decorating sprinkles, raisins, coconut, thin banana slices, or sliced grapes are some things he likes. It would be a little messy, though.

String cheese, crackers, idividual apple/pear sauce, fruit cups, grapes, cheerios, granola bars.

One of our favorites was always Popcorn. The teachers loved it when we sent that. And the kids did too.

I'm sending small bags (like snack sized baggies) of trail mixes for my son during preschool.

"ants on a LOG"? they are celery with peanut butter and some raisins. jennifer
default_saludando.gif

Those yogert tubes are wonderful! Bri still loves them.....

Peanutbutter on apple wedges or in celery are always a favorite........ A vegie platter with ranch dip.......Crackers with the cheese whiz (spray it on).........and either the cereal bars or soft granola bars tend to be a favorite too........And, YES to popcorn!

Those are the things I used to supply to Brianna's pre-school, when it was my turn for snack.
default_smile.png

Take some apples and cut them up like french fries. Lay them out on a cookie sheet and bake until tender but not mushy. Then roll them in a little sugar/cinnamon mixture but not too heavy on the sugar. You could then put them in a small cardboard cup or something like that. Wah Lah you have apple fries.
I don't have any little ones around the house now or need this recipe for anyone, but I plan to remember this for the future. Very neat idea!

Someone suggested popcorn, but depending on the age popcorn is usually not allowed.

You could make a trail mix using cheerios and add other ingredients.

What age are we talking about. You can get more creative with older children.

Amanda

Thanks you all! The age group is 3-4 a couple 5 yr old too. It's a snack for about 20 kids so those go yogurts thing are way out of my price range. But you all are right they are very good! I'm thinking some type of trail mix thing in small baggies, so each child has their own measured snack.

Thanks again!

Leya

One last item that might make a nice snack is a mixture of different cold cereals. Fruit Loops for color, Honey Grahams, The little wheat and rice squares sorry can't remember the name, maybe some puffed ones for fun nice little finger foods for them to munch on along with a carton of milk. Do they still provide milk at the schools?

Latest posts

Back