Could use the power of positive thought

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is SO unfair! I feel so bad for you. Good thoughts beeing sent your way and hoping this works out in YOUR favor
default_yes.gif

Praying for good results for you Parmela!!!! I can't believe a judge would go along with this!!!! Your ex should man up and support himself and not mooch off you.

(((((HUGS)))) Hoping to read results in your favor soon!

Barbie

I feel very positive this will all be behind you soon.

and for sure in your favor, positive thoughts is the way to go

Good Luck and please update us on your good news yet to come.
default_wub.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the supportive words and thoughts. It's so appreciated. I will let everyone know what the outcome is. As of today the judge hasn't looked at it. So, one week down, who knows how many to go. My atty advised that I write his May check, but send it to her and she will hold it until this is resolved. That way it's out of my hands and I've still technically complied with the current agreement. He'll be ticked when that doesn't arrive. Not looking forward to that text.
default_no.gif

Thank you all for the supportive words and thoughts. It's so appreciated. I will let everyone know what the outcome is. As of today the judge hasn't looked at it. So, one week down, who knows how many to go. My atty advised that I write his May check, but send it to her and she will hold it until this is resolved. That way it's out of my hands and I've still technically complied with the current agreement. He'll be ticked when that doesn't arrive. Not looking forward to that text.
default_no.gif

Parmela, my husband and I have been involved with two different judgements where we had to wait and wait for the judge to rule. One was heard last September and we just got the ruling last week. He ruled that he wasn't going to rule.........say what?? The other case took several months as well. Our attorney said the judge can let it sit there for as long as he wants and that there is really no time limit. Not saying this is the case for you but just sharing my experiences.

Parmela, my husband and I have been involved with two different judgements where we had to wait and wait for the judge to rule. One was heard last September and we just got the ruling last week. He ruled that he wasn't going to rule.........say what?? The other case took several months as well. Our attorney said the judge can let it sit there for as long as he wants and that there is really no time limit. Not saying this is the case for you but just sharing my experiences.
Yes, I've been warned there is NO time limit. The judge is bound to no time in which to respond. Doesn't seem fair in that everything presented to the judge always has to be done by a certain date.

So I guess all we can do is wait.

Oh, Parmela I am so sorry to hear this and sorry I didn't see it sooner. Adding positive thoughts and will continue to think of you! And so thankful my long ago divorce was amicable!

I'll send some positive thoughts your way. I've been going on a 2+ year divorce that has me worn to a frazzle.

Positive thoughts and cyber hugs being sent your way. Since it's become such a common practice, I think a lot of states need to reconsider their laws concerning "marriage" vs "common law". Best of luck to you and hopefully the right decision will be made sooner rather than later.

Geez, what a lowlife. Him not you. I've always said I'd rather have a dog.

Hope all goes well for you.

Parmela I'm so sorry you've had to go through all this

life can be so unfair.

Hoping for a quick positive outcome for you

so you can go on with your life and leave that #-!# behind once and for all.

Tons of postive thoughts coming your way!!!!

Parmela, thinking great thoughts for you, hope the judge sees the light.

Like everything, this too shall pass.

As for babymaking, just because the factory has shut down doesn't mean you can't outsource so to speak and adopt. I am sure there are lots of little girls out there just dreaming of a horse owning person that will swoop down and bring them into their fantasy life. Yes, older kids can be a challenge and tough, but rewarding too.

As for the former in-laws, if you feel so strongly towards them, you didn't divorce them, you divorced their low life son and I am sure they would appreciate hearing how you feel about them. Maybe you can maintain some kind of relationship.

Good luck, hoping for all the best.

Scary situation, but I admire you for being strong enough to stand up and fight for a better life for yourself once the dust settles.

I am also beginning the process of extricating myself from an 18 year partnership with a friend and her husband as I cannot tolerate living with the husband any more. I am so sad as I will likely lose my best friend and that has stopped me up to this point, but that butt head she is married to has made it impossible and unfair to myself. Sad because they will not be able to afford to buy me out so the farm has to sell, which means most of our horses must go (mine too). It is going to be a mess and I have been taking the coward's way out and not doing anything about it.

Gonna be a bumpy ride!

Well, two weeks as of today and no word.
default_no.gif

Parmela, thinking great thoughts for you, hope the judge sees the light.

Like everything, this too shall pass.

As for babymaking, just because the factory has shut down doesn't mean you can't outsource so to speak and adopt. I am sure there are lots of little girls out there just dreaming of a horse owning person that will swoop down and bring them into their fantasy life. Yes, older kids can be a challenge and tough, but rewarding too.

As for the former in-laws, if you feel so strongly towards them, you didn't divorce them, you divorced their low life son and I am sure they would appreciate hearing how you feel about them. Maybe you can maintain some kind of relationship.

Good luck, hoping for all the best.

Scary situation, but I admire you for being strong enough to stand up and fight for a better life for yourself once the dust settles.

I am also beginning the process of extricating myself from an 18 year partnership with a friend and her husband as I cannot tolerate living with the husband any more. I am so sad as I will likely lose my best friend and that has stopped me up to this point, but that butt head she is married to has made it impossible and unfair to myself. Sad because they will not be able to afford to buy me out so the farm has to sell, which means most of our horses must go (mine too). It is going to be a mess and I have been taking the coward's way out and not doing anything about it.

Gonna be a bumpy ride!

Jody,

I'm so, SO sorry to hear this. I won't sugarcoat it and say it's going to be easy because it's not. I really feel for you. It doesn't have to be a marriage (traditionally speaking) to feel like a divorce when the time comes to part ways. But if it's any consolation, every friend of mine who had been through a divorce said the same thing...It will be heck while it's going on, but when it's all said and done, you will look back and know it was the right decision.

I wish you the best. If you ever just need to talk or bounce anything off of someone I'm here. I didn't have very much of a support system and I think that contributed to some of the decisions I made that I now regret. Sometimes it just helps to have an outside party to bring some reality to the situation. Don't be afraid to use your friends, family, the forum, whatever you need to help you through this.
default_yes.gif

Hugs to you!

Thanks Parm, I appreciate that.

This isn't something that will happen overnight, I want to get Judy off by herself to talk to her without her husband freaking out and yelling and spewing abusive words. I need to set a deadline for them to buy me out and then use that time to re-home some horses and get my ducks in a row.

Also, we have a legal benefit at work that I am going to opt into that is only $13.40/month and that would start July 1 (state fiscal year). That way I can make use of a lawyer during this mess.

I am so stressed out that I am clenching my teeth 24/7 and it has inflamed arthritis in my jaw. Not a good time at all.

I hate that people end up getting so nasty about things, like your X pulling his stunts. I do hope you win your court case and he gets his butt chewed for trying to game the system.

Well, not the news I was hoping for, but not a "no" either.

It is going to trial. The judge wants verbal testimony. It will take a couple of months to get a trial date and my lawyer wants me to use someone else since she is concerned, based on her history with this judge, that he may hold their relationship against me. I have an appt at the end of May with the new lawyer. I'm an NOT thrilled about changing lawyers as I really like the one I have, but she says it's for the best.

I am glad your lawyer put your well being above her job. Good luck and I hope it is over soon and the rule in your favor soon Parmela!

I know all too well about positive thoughts and prayer and what they can do! Sending them your way!

Latest posts

Back