Could things get worse for lil Marshmellow!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So today the Ag Deputy was to check out all of the animals owned by Marshmellow's previous owner. He won't tell us how they are! And to top it all off he says that Marshmellow (On a scale of 1-9) is a 4! Like Oh My Flippin Gosh! Are you kidding me!?!

Sounds like he needs to get a different job!! That is unbelievable....in my eyes she is below a 1 maybe a -4 is what he was thinking!! Thanks for keeping us posted......
default_aktion033.gif

I think he just picked a number off the top of his head! Obviously he doesn't care about the animals he is affecting. Just worried about his paycheck! :arg!

Can you get a second opinion? How are the vets in your area? Can one or more of them help document this and offer their opinions on the body condition of this poor little mare. If you have more than one vet that disagree with him and agree with you on how badly off she is (and one would think you'd have to be blind to miss it) perhaps you can get him to re-evaluate her and change his position.

I can only compare her to an Arab gelding I took on a couple of years ago who looked not as bad as she does and after several months of no improvement a vet did some more tests (had vet input from the start) and discovered he had organ failure brought on, in the vets opinion, by starvation. We had him euthanized since there was no longer any hope. We did comfort ourselves knowing he lacked for nothing in his last months on this earth but wept for all he had suffered. I am keeping my fingers crossed that little Marshmallow will thrive now that she has kind people in her life.

Good Lord..........The guy is a joke. Thank heaven you took pictures.......take more!!! (How are her feet, btw.)

If she's a "4", then a "1" is a dead skeleton.
default_shutup.gif

I agree with others......get another opinion.

Is there any way that someone could get on the property? Like inquiring about buying a colt and then seeing if they can get a pic as they were still shopping so want to keep the horses straight, or hidden camera in the purse.(I can be so devious sometimes
default_xbud.gif
but I only use my powers for good) I know it may not be admissable to use in court but at least you may be able to determine who else or how many horses are still there and their condition...if he is selling the colt it is probably in better condition for now at least same with the stallion.

I'm not sure I understand though about the Ag Deputy not agreeing, who was it that said that Marshmellow needed to be rehomed? Any chance of there being ties between this man and the Ag Deputy? In Laws, Cousins or maybe a large pay off? Definitely vote for getting a second opinion if possible, using vets if you can. The vet that examined her can he not submit a detailed report of her condition. Then if no satisfaction you take it to the people...like a media leak with pics of Marshmellow and how the government won't help the remaining horses on the property of this despicable man.

This kind of s*** just makes me sick!

Get a statment from your vet.

Marshsmello doesn't even score a good 1 with me

I would get a statement from a couple of vets, just to cover yourself. That is insane! She is NOT a 4!! And I would not give up on pursuing... and would ask for the Ag Deputy's supervisor if need be. Keep us posted and I sure hope she makes it... I have NO words (not that I can print here anyhow) for what I felt when I saw the pics!

For those of you reading along, here is some information for you on the body scoring of a horse (weight) along with some pictures. Perhaps it may be educational to some who are unaware of the Body Scoring.

How To Condtion Score a Horse

Andrea

default_no.gif
Perhaps the Ag Deputy has been hanging around the dog tracks too much. He needs to put his glasses on - this is a horse, not a greyhound! Although IMO, a greyhound with a BCS of 4 would look better than that!

Last edited by a moderator:
An Ag Deputy in her county is taking pics and sending them to our Deputy.

Bunnylady- There is a dogtrack nearby where we got Marshmellow at! Maybe he thinks we kindnapped one of the Greyhounds from there and decided to call it a horse! Darn it! He found us out!
default_rolleyes.gif
:DOH!

disneyhorse and R3 - I will keep those atricles saved in my favorites.

MiniV - Her feet were the only good looking thing on her! She has great lil feet. No thrush, or smell, or any other icky feet problems.

My husband, who is rather hardened looked at the photo and said someone needs to go to jail over that. A four...not a chance.

He must be on drugs!!! Give me a break what a nut ball!!!

I have been away from my computer so I didnt even realize you posted little Marshmellows pictures. I feel terrible after speaking with you on the phone yesterday I was so excited about hearing that Marshmellow is now safe I never got or remembered your name. I spoke w/Gina thru email and told her that I would bring over the photos that I took 3 weeks ago. I will pick them up tomorrow A.M. Please tell Gina NOT TO BELIEVE that all animals are gone from his property as that was what I was told by AG. 3 weeks ago. would never have left them but like I told you yesterday, he told me they were all sold when I called him back the day after . Left hand Right hand B.S. This is the same area ( exact same road ) that I rescued S'mores from about 2 yrs.ago. S'mores wasnt quite as skinny but feet were about 9in long and his 2 rear ones were completly curled up. When I was there 3 weeks ago I did pick all Marshmellos feet and remarkably they were not bad...I only hope that the rest of her body isnt starting to shut down. I think I told you about how much I had to PAY to get S'mores because the friggin Deputy said that he wasnt that skinny and his feet just need trimming. The man that owned S'mores was a Pastor at a huge local church!!

Im sorry I didnt mean to steal this thread but let me say How happy I am that you looked up this site. You and Gina will get lots of great advice. Tons and Tons of knowledge on here. Any ??'s remember too that you can search old topics. Hope to meet you this week...will call when I go to Mary Lous and we'll go see the other minis I told you about on Slater. Thanks and keep us posted , Heidi

P.S. Still cant believe Marshmellow and S'mores lived less than 2 miles apart and you named Marshmellow and I named mine S'mores.

I helped a friend with rescued mustangs (some of you may remember) a year or so ago we had one who looked like her the vet gave her a 1. Good Luck, Kathy

I just wanted to add one more quick body condition 'link'. It doesn't have photos, but it is pretty short and concise, so would be good to print off and take with you as a reference (or give to the AG guy or the news media).

Body Condition Evaluation

[quote name=I_Love_Marshmellow' date='Jul 15 2008, 07:29 AM' post='1050258]

Heidi!

Fox4 is going to do a story on Marshmellow!! I will give you a call and tell you about it!

Katrina

can you see if you can get a copy of that show for us to save? Maybe enough publicity and the jerk will give up..

Besides if she was better than a 1 (unbelievable!) why was he "giving her away if he could sell the colt and stallion? Wasn't that the story, sell them and she was offered along for free? He knew she was incredibly ill!!!!

Maxine

Latest posts

Back