Could really use some prayers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

miniaddiction

Reaction score
Phoebe (pictured below) has been having some issues with coughing and snuffling etc the last few days..

I took her to the vet this morning to get it checked out, Got some bad news. She has a Collapsed Trachea and is going in for surgery tomorrow morning.

I am so worried about her and cant believe this has happened, she is 1 year old and has been healthy and fit as a fiddle up until now. My vet says that 90% of the time its a genetic thing and more common with small dogs. (she is a Chihuahua X Toy Poodle)

Im tossing up wether or not to contact her breeder about this.. I guess she should know about it for future breeding (but then perhaps she already knows
default_no.gif
)

Anyway, thanks for letting me get it out. Phoebe could sure use some prayers that all goes well.

Here is my little girl..

313283507.jpg

Helen

My prayers are with you, it must be hard.

This is a major concern of the "designer dogs" that everyone is breeding. They are crossing anything to make a neat dog with a new name. I mean no harm to you or your situation I feel for you.

But it is something that I would contact the breeder about and urge her against breeding more.

Aw...what a sweet little girl. Good thing is that she is young and resiliant and has you .... My prayers for her during her surgery. She'll be ok....take a deep breath and before you know it it'll all be over and you will have your little Phoebe back in your arms again good as new. Please let us know how she does.

What a little sweetie! I bet all works out fine, but will keep you and she in my thoughts and prayers.

She is just adorable. Praying for the best of outcomes. Please update us on her progress.

Oh, what a sweet little dog. I'm so sorry that she needs surgery. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

I would definitely give the breeder a heads up on the problem and what the vet has told you. She may not know. My little dog has this once in awhile. Mostly when it is cold outside and she is hurrying to get back in the house. It is not bad enough for surgery as it only happens once in awhile. It is amazing how many little dogs have this. Usually it develops when they are a few years older. My vet said to rub her throat and cover her nostrils to get her to breath through her throat. When she gets these attacks she always comes to me; it is scary for them. I could not find my dog's breeder to tell her of the condition as she had moved and I didn't have her new addy or phone number.

Hope she handles the surgery well and heals quickly.....and is home again soon.

Phoebe and you are in my thoughts and prayers!!! I know what it's like to have a dog go in for surgery!!! Please update us when you can... you have so many here who can relate to how you're feeling and wishing good thoughts for your baby girl!!!

Sending prayers and hoping all goes well for your adroable little Phoebe. She sure is a sweet looking little girl. I would definitely let the breeder know.. for future breedings. So many of the designer dogs are so cute, but the breeders dont stop to think about the "could happen" when doing this kind of breeding. (((hugs))) Phoebe.

How is she doing this morning?

as far as letting the breeder know...it's up to you. My lab began to have seizures around the age of 1. The vet and I were going through all possible reasons...trama, hereditary, etc....

I called the breeder and explained to her that in no way was I accusing, blaming or anything, just needed to know if she had ever seen one of her dogs display signs of a seizure, so that my vet and I could come up with a plan of action for Brutus. I was very clear that I was not angry, not looking for my $ back or out to ruin her reputation, I just needed any info I could get to help Brutus......I was sweet as pie on the phone..........she hung up on me!

I hope everything goes well. She certainly is a cutie. As for contacting the breeder, I wouldn't. This is a realtively common problem for chihuahuas. The smaller the dog, the bigger the possibility. My Chi has a minor amount of trouble, and I usually rub her nose and between her eyes, and it helps a lot. She is now about 9 years old.

Thankyou all for your prayers and well wishes. Just got back from dropping Phoebe off at the clinic..I hate to leave her, she stresses about being away from me.

Anyway, They are going to call me after the surgery and I get to bring her home later tonight.

She didnt deal well with the anaesthetic when we had her spayed, so Im not looking foward to recovery

Thanks again.

Helen

She is beautiful. I pray she has a full and speedy recovery. Please let us know how she is doing.

Latest posts

Back