Could I get some opinions please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, two weeks ago she was looking uncomfortable at night and I didn't think she would last more than a couple more days. Now she's looking completely comfortable and like she's going to keep going indefinitely. 🤷‍♀️ 🤦‍♀️ :eek:

I'm about to start foal watch here , so she really needs to giddy up 🤣

I will not let my mare foal before yours does , wouldn't be fair !!

This mare I have due at the end of Sept, is going off too stud to foal. TB mare who we have been trying to get in foal for the last 3 years. I have two possibly preg minis, I just need to get the vet to take some bloods. I was leaning towards a Yes last year ( ended up being a NO) This year Im going the opp and saying No. One would be due around xmas day, the Other around Australia Day (25/1)

Fingers crossed for you Taz :) 🤞

I'll pass the message along to Izzy that you said to hurry it up 😂.
It's Diva that's in foal for end of Sept? Is this her first one? I hope you're not sending her out to foal because you're expecting a problem? Let me know the results from the vet, good luck!

I have been quiet lately, with a long postponed family reunion to keep me busy. Everyone has returned home now, and Consuelo is still pregnant. She is producing milk now, not clear fluid, and I test the PH daily, It is a little over 7 now, as best I can tell. My 12 year old granddaughter was so disappointed that she didn't get to see the foal. She lives a 15 hr plane ride away, so won't be visiting again until next June. Taz, I hope your wait is almost over and we will be sharing baby photos soon.

I'm so sorry your granddaughter is going to miss the foal! You'll have to send her lots of pictures and videos.
That's so exciting that Consuelo has milk starting! Do you have any recent pictures? Watch carefully, she could change that pH fast on you.
I would love to be sharing baby pictures with you soon but who knows with Izzy. The vet thought she was looking at a foal and I think I've seen and felt foal movement but it's been so long. I'm still watching her at night, I won't give up till it's been so long there is absolutely so way she is pregnant, the longer it goes the more unwilling I am to sleep, if she really is I think she will need help more than ever at this point.
Looking for forward to seeing your little one, best of luck to all three of you!

I'm so sorry your granddaughter is going to miss the foal! You'll have to send her lots of pictures and videos.
That's so exciting that Consuelo has milk starting! Do you have any recent pictures? Watch carefully, she could change that pH fast on you.
I would love to be sharing baby pictures with you soon but who knows with Izzy. The vet thought she was looking at a foal and I think I've seen and felt foal movement but it's been so long. I'm still watching her at night, I won't give up till it's been so long there is absolutely so way she is pregnant, the longer it goes the more unwilling I am to sleep, if she really is I think she will need help more than ever at this point.
Looking for forward to seeing your little one, best of luck to all three of you!
I have finally realized that I have the wrong test strips and ordered another type that should provide more accuracy. They will arrive tomorrow. I "think" we are getting close. Here is a picture of her yesterday. The udder picture I took was too blurry. On a funny note, my granddaughter was somewhat outraged on behalf of Consuelo's dignity, when she saw a folder of her private parts which I have for comparison. When I confessed that I was posting them online, she was shocked. PXL_20210722_171221523.jpg

Would love to see some pics too :)

Hows Izzy looking Taz ?

Izzy hasn't had any real changes, her belly changes shape every now and then, that's about it. Hungry all the time, a little cranky and doesn't want to be touched much.

I have finally realized that I have the wrong test strips and ordered another type that should provide more accuracy. They will arrive tomorrow. I "think" we are getting close. Here is a picture of her yesterday. The udder picture I took was too blurry. On a funny note, my granddaughter was somewhat outraged on behalf of Consuelo's dignity, when she saw a folder of her private parts which I have for comparison. When I confessed that I was posting them online, she was shocked. View attachment 44122

Haha! I kind of agree with your granddaughter. 😂 Please let us know what the new test strips say?

Hey MerMaeve, yes, if you can believe it, still assumed pregnant. She's starting to show some small signs that she might finally be getting closer. I've been feeling foal movement every few days so that gives me a break for a bit from worrying how things are going in there. Everyone who wants to is welcome to cross their fingers, hope, pray, whatever works for you, that things will turn out OK.

There was a colt born mid July last year, don't think he could have done it, and a 2 yr old who was gelded in Oct but wasn't near her unless he went over a 4ft no climb fence twice and then back with no one seeing. I'm just waiting it out and being very tired.

Totally understand, it is a tough situation. How long was the colt around her? I have heard of colts as young as 6 months breeding a mare successfully. I have also heard of stallions breeding through the fence. Is that a possibility with your fence? If you are feeling foal movement, that is pretty indicative of a foal lol. By my calculation, she would be 460 days if your stallion that was gelded was the sire.

She was across one fence from the stallion, it was electric and they both stayed away, that is also her kid and they both have shown no interest even when she was in standing heat for 2 months when 'dad' (I think) moved in. The colt has been with her since he was 2 weeks old(gelded a month ago). He showed no interest in mares until about 2 months ago and she wasn't his 'pick'. He would go over to her and she'd kick him. Did I mention we are both kind of cranky? All I know is I'm feeling foal movement and watching till something happens, hopefully soon.

Latest posts

Back