Could I get some opinions please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, mostly anyone around here who's willing to hold still long enough for me to vent about Izzy looks at me like I'm crazy for still being on watch, I'm sure a lot of you do too I just can't see it LOL!! A couple weeks ago I turned my alarm off unintentionally and slept for a couple of hours, when I woke up it looked like there was a dead foal in her stall. I said a few choice words and then went out to deal with it. Thankfully it wasn't, it was a pee spot that looked even in person like a dead foal. It was unreal, right size, 4 legs, head, neck, everything was there and laid out just right. Well, after that I have two alarms set so I can't sleep through it or turn both off instead of hitting the snooze. She's still doing nothing to speak of in the udder department but her belly changes shape every now and then, either off to the side to some degree or like this morning when she looks more narrow again. Since I've done something for the lice she is much quieter at night but still a bit of pacing now and then and the odd bite at her belly(not a scratch). Time will tell.....

Oh my goodness Taz that would have been so scary! Thinking of you and hoping Izzy gives you a definite yes or no soon!

Reactions: Taz
I'm still hoping for a YES but I'm sorta crazy right now.......
How are you doing Jodie?

Last edited:
I'm still hoping for a YES but I'm sorta crazy right now.......
How are you doing Jodie?
I am doing well thank you. Still a little sad that Rosie didn’t end up having a foal, especially after 2 ultrasounds, plenty of signs and changes, and countless sleepless nights! But she is happy and healthy so that’s the main thing 😊

Ya, I don't know what happened there.... How's it going with your yearling( I guess 2 year old now)?

Me neither! It was a very strange situation that’s for sure! She’s doing great thank you, super intelligent and growing really well after the poor start she had in life.

Attachments

• 3DE9FCC5-9B62-41D2-B797-28473A4D22F4.jpeg
    3DE9FCC5-9B62-41D2-B797-28473A4D22F4.jpeg
    307.6 KB · Views: 5
She's so cute. I guess you're not taking any more trips to auctions? Maybe pick up a pregnant mini????? They don't take up a lot of room you know.....

Thank you! Hahaha if I want to get a divorce then that would likely be a sure fire way to make it happen lol but...never say never 😉

Haha, too bad your husbands a keeper. You never know what might show up though ;)

Haha, too bad your husbands a keeper. You never know what might show up though ;)
Yes he has been wonderful, especially as I told him I would rescue one horse and one pony, and REALLY didn’t stick to that even a little bit 🤣 he secretly enjoys them all. I would have really loved a baby though, but everything happens for a reason I suppose!

Thank you, I hope there really is a foal and everything's OK.
How's Consuelo doing?
She's fine so far, but I am hoping we are making progress. Here are the latest pics from yesterday. The udder pic was taken using a mirror. Still nothing but a few drops of clear liquid. What do you think?

Attachments

• Consuelo Jun 13.jpg
    Consuelo Jun 13.jpg
    665.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Consuelo udder jun 13.jpg
    Consuelo udder jun 13.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 8
Yes he has been wonderful, especially as I told him I would rescue one horse and one pony, and REALLY didn’t stick to that even a little bit 🤣 he secretly enjoys them all. I would have really loved a baby though, but everything happens for a reason I suppose!
I really wish you'd had one. I try to tell myself things happen for a reason, I'm just not normally sure what it is. I have a feeling you'll have a baby at some point, maybe once your youngest is older.

She's fine so far, but I am hoping we are making progress. Here are the latest pics from yesterday. The udder pic was taken using a mirror. Still nothing but a few drops of clear liquid. What do you think?
It looks like you still have some more time. Her udder should fill more and it doesn't look like she's dropped at all yet. I hope you're still getting some sleep?

I saw Izzy do something last night that I haven't seen since before she was super itchy. She stopped eating, swished, bit her belly, tossed her head a few times then did it all again three more times then slept. I'm back to hoping but still worried that there is a problem. Whoever invented pregnant mares had a sick sense of humor.

I'm not thinking much at all anymore, LOL!!
I'm still watching and wondering yes or no, too scared not to watch in case it's yes. She's not doing anything to make me think there's a problem but the reason I've read about for them going really long is a problem with the placenta that makes the foal develop slowly. That doesn't bother me but I worry about a foal getting big and causing a problem or it being a red bag. Both of which of course are a reason for me to keep watching in case. Every time I think no way, stop being stupid and go to sleep she does something that makes me think maybe and it's back to watching. The good news is it won't be too much longer before she can't be 😂

I'm not thinking much at all anymore, LOL!!
I'm still watching and wondering yes or no, too scared not to watch in case it's yes. She's not doing anything to make me think there's a problem but the reason I've read about for them going really long is a problem with the placenta that makes the foal develop slowly. That doesn't bother me but I worry about a foal getting big and causing a problem or it being a red bag. Both of which of course are a reason for me to keep watching in case. Every time I think no way, stop being stupid and go to sleep she does something that makes me think maybe and it's back to watching. The good news is it won't be too much longer before she can't be 😂

What day is Izzy at, Taz ? :)

Latest posts

Back