Could I get some opinions please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing with her tail, there wasn't last time either. I think her belly looks smaller from behind this morning, see what you think. It wasn't smaller last night.
Last week 20210518_183759.jpgPlease ignore the mess in the barn, I hadn't swept. This morning 20210604_074206.jpg 20210604_074216.jpg20210604_071456.jpg
I'm still staying with in foal and taking her own sweet time. If it turns out she isn't, OK, if I give up and she is and something goes wrong that I could have fixed I don't think I could come back from that.

Changes! How exciting! Any pictures? How are you holding up?
I will upload pictures later. I can still only squeeze a few drops of clear fluid from her, not enough to activate the test paper, which I will test later to see if it is a dud. I finally realized that if I held a mirror under her belly, I could get better pictures than trying contortions that strained my bad back. She has been yawning a lot the past couple of days, but when I turned her loose with grazing muzzle and sheep, she took off the day before yesterday like a little fat bullet, having pony zoomies. I didn't know she could move so fast!

Oh, a mirror, I never thought of that, what a great idea. I find it so hard to get udder pics that I almost never do and just go by feel. The colostrum is what tests low so until she starts to get that it's probably not the strips. Yes, it's amazing how fast they can go and that they even want to at this stage but they love it!! Looking forward to pictures.

Her not udder didn't go down again yesterday, that's 4 days in a row now. She spent about 45 min laying down swishing her tail and changing from on her chest to on her side a lot then nothing. She was back to being really itchy again and her belly still looks smaller this morning.

Thank you!
So for a bit of a twist I'm pretty sure she has lice. I found eggs in her best friends mane yesterday....YUCK!! Everyone else is getting powdered today but I can't do Izzy in case she is pregnant. I put some baby oil on her last night and she wasn't as itchy, I'm going to cover her in it this morning and wash it off in an hour and hope that helps. The idea is they get smothered with the oil, we'll see if it works. Her not udder is still not going down and I'm still doing 1/2 hour checks at night and not giving up. I'm either getting used to not sleeping much or I'm so tired I think I'm doing OK, LOL,

I had to deal with lice and a mare in foal once. I bathed her in apple cider vinegar and let it sit for 10 minutes. That helped a lot.

Just for anyone who's wondering.....
391 days, yes I'm still on watch at night, probably out of my mind but sticking with it in case
Not udder was a little bigger this morning but goes down some during the day again
She's cranky(for her), even chasing her last foal away from the gate at bring in, he can normally do no wrong
MerMaeve where are the pictures and story about Stormy? 😊

Just for anyone who's wondering.....
391 days, yes I'm still on watch at night, probably out of my mind but sticking with it in case
Not udder was a little bigger this morning but goes down some during the day again
She's cranky(for her), even chasing her last foal away from the gate at bring in, he can normally do no wrong
MerMaeve where are the pictures and story about Stormy? 😊
Sorry, I've been so busy! I'll try to get to it this weekend.... 🤪

Reactions: Taz
Thinking of you and hoping your ordeal will be over soon. You are a role model for me, but I sure hope Consuelo doesn't take so long to foal!

Thank you, I hope there really is a foal and everything's OK.
How's Consuelo doing?

Latest posts

Back