Could I get some opinions please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not used to that kind of test strips... Is she supposed to be 9/9 when she's "ready" ? Just curious.
I'm recovering... slowly. I take the time to do fun things with my horses... like grooming them, making them graze, or training them. It helps the healing process. As for another baby, I'm not sure yet. If yes, I'd be planning for a June or July foal... during my vacation time. Also, it's probably going to be better in terms of weather. April was pretty nasty...

Unfortunately she needs to be around 6 in the test strips. She's testing at 8 or 9. No udder, no colostrum is what I'm thinking.
Glad you're taking the time to recover. June /July is much better timing 😊. Mine last year was middle of July and it was great being able to put them ouy all day without worrying. Izzy's last(my first) was mid March, he had 3 blankets on to go out 1/2 the day.

364 days, nothing yet.
She has a bit more fill in the mornings for the last two days but it's not all staying through the day. She does have a bit of a belly both from behind and the side and has looked dropped or v'd consistently for about 3 days. I'm still 99% she really is in foal. Can't stay pregnant for ever right? Maybe she's going for a record, I think she has to go over 400 and something to get that.

No foal yet. I have gone to 100% pregnant though. Her little belly was all over on the right side this morning and as far as I know that can't happen with a false pregnancy but please anyone let me know if I'm wrong. Now it's just waiting and worrying until she foals. I'm a zombie right now and can hardly put a coherent sentence together, I hope I don't start drooling soon. 365 days today 😴 o_O:eek:🤦‍♀️

Izzy's not as itchy now but was going crazy with it for a while, she rubbed herself raw in a couple of places. Go Faye!!
367 days and I'm back to is she even pregnant(after long nights) even though I've seen signs that she is, I'll be doing 1/2 hour checks for a while yet, I'm not giving up on her.

Thanks, soon would be good 😃. I got a nap today and will be able to tomorrow and Fri as well, love naps! I'm doing OK, tired and worried about something going wrong like everyone else doing foal watch. In case I haven't said it.. I really hate foal watch, but the babies are so wonderful!!

Nothing....
We've gone from 18C to 30C the last two days. She's absolutely miserable and hot, hanging out in the shade when she can. Sitting on the fence to scratch. Her belly was all over to the right again this morning but back even again tonight. Her edema is still moving back but no udder yet. I keep telling myself it's going to be soon but I'm happy to wait for that baby to be ready. 369 days and counting.

Wow Taz, you should earn a prize for one of the longest waits for foal watch 2021 ! Hoping that the baby will wait for the weather to cool down , yet soon enough so you can get your much deserved sleep!

And yes, this is terrible heat for Canadians and their polar horses. Two of my mare still have some winter coat left, despite the fact I've been brushing them forever... they look so miserable, poor girls.

I haven't been posting pictures, it's really hard to get any that show how she looks in person. I took these tonight, I don't know if you'll be able to see much, I have to be far away for anything to show. She has had a belly for about 3 weeks I think, it all runs together, she goes back and forth from looking v'd(pointy) to rounder and has been over to the right quite a lot. Pointy most of today but not tonight.Still has edema attached to the front of her not udder but her 'udder' didn't go down today. I'm not too excited about that, it's happened before. I've given up checking her pH for now, it stays at 8 or 9 and her hardness undiluted has been 450 for weeks, up to 750 for a day then back down. 🤷‍♀️
20210521_181102.jpg20210521_180953.jpg

Back